Anyone need to lose more than 30 lbs??

Hey girls,

Another loser wanna be, just checkin' in. I lost 95 lbs and kept it off for 3 years, then I had a tummy tuck and couldn't exercise for 6 weeks. Got out of the habit and can you believe it, I am now 35lbs up a year and a half later. My stomach is flat but you should see my back. I need a double sided bra! I am very motivated, though, because I can see that 200 mark hovering above me and it just seems like a border I don't want to cross! So I am with you. Down 5 lbs as of today. go, go , go everyone. We can do it. We need to get focused, motivated and well ...obsessed (fits with my personality!).

As far as breast feeding, my kids are smart and healthy and I made it 2 weeks and 6 weeks respectively. I was a breast feeding whimp and hated it. Had mastitis and that just about did it for me. So, if you quit, I will support you!

Good to meet you all!

Jen

Hi everyone!

Laura - your son is a handsome little guy! My first grandson was just born on May 3 - little guy, 5 lbs. 2 oz. I think he is an absolute beauty and I just love to take care of him.

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. I've struggled all my life, but this past Jan. I decided I hit my all time high of 175 (I'm 5'2"). I'm finding that at 41 it is extremely difficult for me to lose, plus I have a very bad back and the doctors keep trying me on various meds that I think probably have an effect on me. I was taking one in Feb. that I had absolutely no appetite on. Lost 15 lbs. in a month, but I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was sleep. Had to get off that one and gained a few lbs. back. I would like to lose about 50 lbs. but for me I know that is unrealistic. I've always had a weight problem (runs in my family) and was never very small. So, I'm shooting for 140 (the charts say I should weigh between 102 and 141 - who came up with that range icon_confused.gif). I feel really good at that weight (or at least I used to). I'm trying really hard to lose 5 lbs. before our Alaskan cruise on 6/20. I'm so worried that I'm going to pig out on the cruise though. I have no self-control and eat for all the wrong reasons - there will be so much food there and my theory is I don't want to miss out on something that I paid for icon_rolleyes.gif Hopefully I'll be able to exercise a little self control.

Elaine,

Good luck with your weightloss! An Alaskan cruise sounds wonderful! I am trying to keep in my mind how hard it has been to take off the weight(I am down 10 and want to lose as much as I can before my cruise in November--40 being my goal). I will probably "taste" everything, but am hoping that a bite or two will satisfy my cravings. icon_rolleyes.gif If I stumble, then I will have to double my efforts when I come home!

I hope you have a great trip!

Stacy

Glory 11/20/04

Nordic Empress 02/00

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until I'm Cruisin'!! icon_smile.gif

Hi ALL -

Just found this site tonight and was thrilled to find "Lose Before You Cruise" boards..... Wish I had found this back in January when I booked our cruise.

Kept thinking I'll start next week - plenty of time..... well - we leave on July 23rd..... so - my lack of discipline has won again.....

But heh - I still have 7 weeks... soooo I can get started - right??

There is so much success on this board.... ok to join in??

Thought I might give South Beach Diet a try - at least to "jump start"..... Sure wish there was a diet where you eat nothing but pasta.... oh how healthy I would be - lol....

Love all of your pictures and "timers"..... will have to find directions for them.....

janice

RC Sovereign of the Seas - December, 2003

Caribbean Princess - July, 2004

• 1 month later...

I have lost about 32 lbs in the last 6 weeks, but still have 168 lbs more to go. It's a VERY long way away, but I've finally figured out that it's more important to me to be healthy than it is to eat rich, fattening food whenever I feel like it. I guess I've finally grown up! :)

My DH and I started doing South Beach (due, in large part, to reading these boards!) and have truly embraced our new WOE. I do not set any goals for myself, as this is just how we live now. If I make it to goal (at a pound a week, that's in about 3.5 years from now), that's awesome, but what's most important to me is our health. I'm diabetic with high blood pressure, but the diabetes is under control now, as is the blood pressure. I guess my "goal" right now is to lose enough to be able to stop taking medications (think of all the monthly savings I can put towards cruising with that!).

Thank you all for the inspiration and to the support you give, and for reading my ramblings.

Jenny :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have lost about 32 lbs in the last 6 weeks, but still have 168 lbs more to go. It's a VERY long way away, but I've finally figured out that it's more important to me to be healthy than it is to eat rich, fattening food whenever I feel like it. I guess I've finally grown up! :)

Jenny you go girl!!!!

My history is on the first page. I had over 100 pounds to lose. I lost the frist 70 the first year and 80 to date. I had a goal to lose 10 pound for three years after the 70 pound lose. If I can make it thru a 15 day cruise in September and at least one more surgery this year I'll have made my goal for this year.

Good Luck Jenny and Jes

Melody

Lauralap,

I need to lose close to 100 lbs, at least that's my goal. I've lost 30lbs since Sept. Not a big amount or very fast compare to some on these boards, but its downward movement and not up. I feel much better and the best news is that the weight is staying off. I tend to get off track very easily but even my bad days are not as bad as they use to be. I'v been following a modified Atkins. I have IBS and when it flairs up, I need to stop and eat starches, so the battle continues. I read that you like Heavenly Hash ice cream, one of my favorites. If you can find Breyers "Carb Smart" ice cream the Rocky Road is too die for. So are the chocolate & butter pecan. DH & I both find we like this ice cream a lot better than regular. Give it a try, you have everything to loose, and nothing to gain:D . Congrats on your new bundle of joy, and take care of your self for him.

Linda

Laura -- I used to have a wonderful cookbook called Lose Weight While Breastfeeding. It was full of great recipes that were high in calcium and other things that nursing moms need, and they were all designed to help you lose weight safely too. I especially loved one recipe for fake alfredo sauce -- it was half cottage cheese, half yogurt, a little parmesan cheese, and maybe something else all mixed up in a food processor to make it creamy. Then you mix tons of good veggies into the sauce (along with chicken or shrimp, if you wish) and serve it over pasta. Yum! I wish I could remember the exact amounts. If you can find a copy of this cookbook, you would enjoy it!

I'll echo what others have said: don't neglect your water intake. I nursed both my daughters well over a year, so I can say from experience that water is very important. Any time I got too busy and didn't take care of myself, I'd notice a definite decrease in my milk production; it'd only take a day or two to bring myself back to normal.

Hi all,

There's also alot of great nutrition info on the La Leche League website. I've been poking around there lately because I'm hoping to nurse my next (and last) baby. My kids come via airplane so I probably won't actually lose weight while I'm doing it but I'd at least like to try a supplimenter and see how it goes. My other kids came too fast or too old to get it together and try.

Tami

I've got a friend who is a Le Leche leader so I'll be leaning heavily on her. Most adoptive moms can't supply enough milk to rely on just breast milk but it's more for the bonding experience anyway. Even if it doesn't work out I'm sure there'll be no problem bonding. I'd just like to try because I always planned on nursing when we were trying to get pregnant.

• 3 weeks later...

Lauralap,

Weight watchers has a program for nursing mothers. My youngest is 2 and I seemed to hit a plateau, as I was nursing, and joined weight watchers. It was the jump start I needed because I lost 17 more pounds after that. It wasn't very difficult to follow just gives you the guidance you need. Good Luck and Congratulations!!--Karen:)

Archived