Help me choose some shoes for my cruise

Tapster

Next month my family is doing a nine night Carnival Spirit cruise around New Caledonia. I'm packing for five (husband, me, three children aged 6, 4 and 20 months) so space is at a premium. Please help me work out what shoes I'll need.

These are my thoughts:

Me - 4 pairs - black small heel sandals, thongs (aka flip flops), runners, aqua shoes

6 and 4 year olds - 3 pairs each - sandals, aqua shoes, runners

20 month old - 3 pairs - crocs, runners, leather sandals

What do you think? That's 13 pairs of shoes before we even put my husband's in - can you see anywhere that I could cut down? Will runners be imperative? Are aqua shoes a must in New Cal?

Per person that doesn't sound bad but when you add them up, I can see your dilemma. A couple of things to think about...

1) Does everyone need the aqua shoes? Are you going to beaches where they would be necessary?

2) Could the kids possibly take either the runners or the sandals?

I have to say if it was me, I would take just what you have planned.

little sizes of shoes..so 13 sounds worse than it is....but do not bring along a pair of shoes

for the kids

UNLESS they have been wearing them and LIKE them...

AND...of those 13 pairs, 4 of those pairs would be worn going to the ship...so in actuality, it is only 9 pairs for 4 people...not bad at all....

Bernadette

I don't bring sneakers. They aren't my most comfortable shoes for walking and I only wear them for running/the gym. They take up too much room and are too hot on my feet so I figure that I can get more psirs of sandals or dress shoes in the space they would take.

If you're planning on working out, of course, bring them. Or if you normally wear them for a lot of walking, then bring them along as well. I just find that I am more likely to use a comfortable pair of sandals.

I never bring sneakers, either....no intention of "working out" on vacation!

None of my shoes weigh very much, so I bring what I want....hubby's weigh a ton, so I limit what he can bring!

During the day, flip-flops are what most will wear....I wear them ashore, too, since I don't do any super-physical activities...they are fine for walking around the port, or the beach, etc...

I've never needed "water shoes", either.

Archived