Meta upgrade

Babr

Curious as have never been offered an upgrade or upsell...how are u notified? Email? phone call? Thanks!

If your booking is with Princess, you will usually receive an e-mail for an upgrade (or find out about it when looking in your Personalizer). For an upsell it could be an e-mail or sometimes a phone call.

If your booking is with a TA, the notice for either will first go to the TA who is then supposed to notify you.

I have very recent experience with this. My booking was supposedly marked meta upgrade only, and my regular balcony was "upgraded" to a deluxe balcony that was completely obstructed. The email said that I had 48 hours to refuse the upgrade. I called within the hour and was told I probably wouldn't get my cabin back. I was very upset because I had specifically picked it. After talking with several reps and the highest supervisor that I could I was told that there is NOT a meta upgrade box anymore. Just upgrade or no upgrade and regardless of what the email says you will probably not get your original cabin back.

Curious as have never been offered an upgrade or upsell...how are u notified? Email? phone call? Thanks!

for the first time I was offered a free upgrade yesterday - via email. I bought my cruise directly on Princess site. Got upgraded from an regular inside (for 3-4 people) to a deluxe obstructed balcony.

Yesterday that particular cruise was selling inside rooms for more $$ than balconies, believe it or not, so it was probably cheaper to upgrade us for free and sell our inside room for more money.

I have received two "true" upgrades, one from a mini to a full suite and one from a balcony to a mini. I received those because I called customer service and ever so nicely asked for it, and with a supervisor, not the rep who answers the phone. The latest upgrade was in 2014, and as others have mentioned Princess is now doing the upsell offers. I received a good upsell on my last cruise, was booked in a balcony and for $150 pp I moved into a mini.

My only upgrade was back in 2005. My wife and I took her parents on an inside passage Alaskan cruise. I had specifically chosen two mini suites on different sides of the ship, but close enough to a connecting corridor, so that we could dash from one side of the ship to the other during the scenic cruising day. About a week before we sailed, I got a call from the TA saying that we'd been moved, but they thought that'd we'd be more than happy with the new cabins. Turned out that we'd all been upgraded to the full suite cabins right at the front of the ship with the huge wrap around balconies. No need to run from one side of the ship to the other! ;)