Water Front Help-I am confused!

coffeecat

Hello CCers,

So I have read a lot of posts on the waterfront area and am a little confused about what is available and what times and days things are opened. I have read a lot of posts and am just not getting it!

What times are the restaurants open?

Do Cagney's, Moderno, Ocean Blu etc have outside seating for dinner? Is it just on sea days or port days?

Are any of the places open for lunch on port days? Sea days?

Thanks so much!

Coffeecat

It is a bit confusing for a novice, but everything worth knowing about when restaurants and lounges open and close, and whether there is a charge or not is listed in the Freestyle Daily left in your cabin every night. I highly recommend reading at least the restaurant portion of it. This is a hard question to answer easily because some restaurants which open for breakfast and lunch are for those who book the most expensive cabins. And every restaurant don't necessarily open and close at the same time.

Frankly in today's world of smart phones NCL should have this listed in a NCL app by now, so this information is readily available within a few taps. In the past I have folded the Freestyle Daily up and tucked it into a pocket.

Frankly in today's world of smart phones NCL should have this listed in a NCL app by now, so this information is readily available within a few taps. .

They do, when onboard Epic/Breakaway, with iConcierge.

What times are the restaurants open?

Do Cagney's, Moderno, Ocean Blu etc have outside seating for dinner? Is it just on sea days or port days?

Most specialties open at 5:30...Ocean Blu is at 6 pm.

All three have outside seating, every day.

Ocean Blu is the only one with an ala carte lunch schedule in Waterfront, from Noon- 3pm

Hello CCers,

Thanks so much!

Coffeecat

All have outside seating for dinner on sea and port days.

None of them are open for lunch during port days.

Only Ocean Blue on the Waterfront is open for lunch on sea days.

They do, when onboard Epic/Breakaway, with iConcierge.

Most specialties open at 5:30...Ocean Blu is at 6 pm.

All three have outside seating, every day.

Ocean Blu is the only one with an ala carte lunch schedule in Waterfront, from Noon- 3pm

Great, NCL is joining the 21st century. NCL apps should be available at no cost though for everyone aboard with free WIFI.

All have outside seating for dinner on sea and port days.

None of them are open for lunch during port days.

Only Ocean Blue on the Waterfront is open for lunch on sea days.

Cagneys is open for lunch for suite passengers on all days. :)

Thanks so much for all the responses! I am not a novice cruiser and I have been spending a ton of time on these boards in preparation for our Breakaway cruise but I just wasn't getting this! Very helpful responses.

Oddly, it did not occur to me to check out the freestyle dailies that people have already posted.

However, these responses pretty much clarify what I was wondering about.

Would love to eat dinner on the waterfront at one of the specialties...has anyone done this?

Thanks again!

Coffeecat

I just got off the breakaway today---everything was open for dinner all week. There was an Ocean Blue stand that sold lobster roll and one other lunch type entree open during the day...Thats about it. the rest are the bars...

Just had a thought. Was wondering when and where we can just sit and hangout on the WFT. Now I know -- whenever the restaurants are closed! That is, if the chairs are not roped off.

The chairs are not roped off when the restaurants are closed. There is plenty of padded chairs to sit on near the bars and along the waterfront that are much more comfy than the restaurant chairs.

The chairs are not roped off when the restaurants are closed. There is plenty of padded chairs to sit on near the bars and along the waterfront that are much more comfy than the restaurant chairs.

Thanks. Good to know!

Archived