Jewel Obstructed 8588 or 8586

Disfan5

Trying to decide between these two cabins. They are side by side, on deck 8, and they overlook the lifeboats. It will be me, my 10 year old son and my 78 year old dad. We picked the obstructed views because they are a little bigger than the interiors and it looks like it's on a good deck.

From what I've found 8588 can sleep 4. I think they are both pullman's and it looks like they take up a little space along the wall above the twin bed when the beds are up. I don't know if that would affect where my dad is sleeping. I think that cabin may also have one large window and it will be over looking the life boat.

From what I've found about 8586, it sleeps 3 people, so the extra pullman would not affect my dad's bed. It looks like it might have two smaller windows and the view should be in between the life boats.

Any advise on which one I should pick?

Have you actually seen pics with two pullmans in an obstructed oceanview? We cruised on the Pearl in category OK cabins (8558 and 8560) and our cabin that sleeps 3, didn't have pullman at all and the next cabin that sleeps 4, had one pullman.

As far as I've understood it, the third person is always an extra bed on the floor and only the fourth pax gets a pullman. So I'd pick the cabin that sleeps 4, it leaves more room when there are only 3 pax.

What comes to the obstruction and the actual view, I've found it very difficult to find accurate info in general so I stopped worrying about it - if we see something, good, and if not, we still get the natural light which is the second most important thing for us besides the extra footage compared to insides.

Have you actually seen pics with two pullmans in an obstructed oceanview? We cruised on the Pearl in category OK cabins (8558 and 8560) and our cabin that sleeps 3, didn't have pullman at all and the next cabin that sleeps 4, had one pullman.

As far as I've understood it, the third person is always an extra bed on the floor and only the fourth pax gets a pullman. So I'd pick the cabin that sleeps 4, it leaves more room when there are only 3 pax.

What comes to the obstruction and the actual view, I've found it very difficult to find accurate info in general so I stopped worrying about it - if we see something, good, and if not, we still get the natural light which is the second most important thing for us besides the extra footage compared to insides.

With the obstructed view cabins I have given up whether one cabin has more of a view than another. The important thing is the natural light which a inside cabin doesn't deliver. And if anything of value is worth viewing, the promenade deck is only one deck below, within a minute or so.

Archived