High Velocity Train

WOW! Where to start. The fares range anywhere from about 60 Euros to over 100 Euros depending on the class you book, whether you qualify for special fares, when you book, and where you book. If you book in advance through the RailEurope web site you will pay a premium. You can do better if you can manage to book through the Renfe(Spanish Railroad) site (it helps to be able to read Spanish).

Hank

WOW! Where to start. The fares range anywhere from about 60 Euros to over 100 Euros depending on the class you book, whether you qualify for special fares, when you book, and where you book. If you book in advance through the RailEurope web site you will pay a premium. You can do better if you can manage to book through the Renfe(Spanish Railroad) site (it helps to be able to read Spanish).

Hank

Thanks. I speak fluent spanish, so no problem at all.

If you look here on RENFE's webpage you can see the vast range of prices available as Hlitner said.

For the high speed train you need to look for the Ave.

I think the bookings open about 3 months in advance. For example, they are currently booking to the end of August.

I booked them on the Renfe Spanish website. I used Google Translate for each step. There is also a super post on Trip Advisor that helps walk you through the process. I was able to print them right out. I think for Tourist Class it was approximately 43 Euro per person. I did notice that some of the classes of travel were already booked so it would depend on what is available when you book. The closer to the travel date, the less is available and you end up paying more.

If you have trouble navigating the RENFE website, you might want to try http://petrabax.com/renfe/ instead. It's a U.S. agency and the price will be slightly higher than booking on the RENFE site (but probably better than the price on Rail Europe) but it will all be in English.

The OP has said he speaks fluent Spanish so would not need this. The best place for him to book is RENFE's webpage

Yes, I know that. I wasn't specifically responding to the OP, but more to pinkroses, who had to use Google Translate at each step, and to any others who might have difficulty.

thanks! I did try that website as well, but found better rates at the Spanish one!! Too bad my kids who both speak Spanish weren't around to help!!!! Oh, well, I did it anyway!!! :)

I was just plugging dates in for July and August to see a schedule and price. I am not going to Spain until may 2014, but I am excited and am already planning the trip!

How did you enter the date?

Don't forget that here in Europe our date format is dd/mm/yyyy.

Archived