If you could put one "chain" restaurant on a ship, what?

Sonic... I'm not sure how you'd "drive-in", but I'm sure that could be solved... Maybe they could make the booths shaped like cars. They have that @ the sci-fi drive in diner @ Disney/MGM Studios in Orlando.

In Kansas City before they left, we called White Castle burb burgers. If it is a chain I would vote for Cheesecake Factory, but if you want a wonderful steak it would be our local Herford House, the best steaks in the world. Or if you want great bar b que, try Arthur Bryant's.

Abbot's Lobster shack. Looks like a run-down McDonalds, but man do they have great lobster and all of the fixins. Its located in the Mystic Seaport area and the locals and tourist stand in line to eat some of the best lobster this southern boy has ever eaten.

Hypo

I agree 1000% with the Tim Horton's coffee (but I'm biased since my husband is a manager at one of their roasting plants!)....not necessarily the whole menu, but at least the coffee. Smooth, tasty....not burnt-tasting and bitter like that "S" place!! :o

Another vote for Panera Bread!

Isn't it the best!! My usual is the Smoke House Turkey on Panini. In case you haven't tried it, it's smoked turkey breast, smoked bacon, smoked cheddar and a sun-dried tomato ale mustard, grilled hot on Artisan Three Cheese bread. To die for!!:)

I also loved their low-fat black bean soup, but they don't have it anymore.:( I use to do the "pick 2", and get the 1/2 sanndwich, and the BB soup, but today, and the last time I was there, they have changed it to BB with chicken and chorizo....not good for me.:(

They are definitely not low fat,(sandwiches) LOL....:D ...and the bread is out of this world....

Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks so you really do get the Starbucks experience on Royal Caribbean - just a different blend. Problem I am told is that water pressure ( Windjammer vs dining room) and clean urns are the reason the coffee runs the gammut from great to burned.

Dunkin Donuts - at least in the Northeast USED to be great - now it is worse than floor sweepings. Who ever is roasting their coffee is doing a terrible job and the help they have is even worse.

I agree with the PF Chang's contingent - but I will tell you that on the Radiance class ships they had a stir fry section in the Windjammer that was pretty good.

I think no matter which restaurant they might choose as an alternative resturant has to appeal to the majority of the cruisers - so Chinese would fit that genre as might Teppan Table Japanese. I don't think a real Mexican restraurant would attract enough people night after night.

The Best Western here is very nice with a palm garden and pool with creek running through. Foresters is a higher class rest. for here in the building as well. Good Choice :D

Okay great, I will book it tomorrow... we are only staying one night in your fair city, we are going on a horse ranch holiday near 70 mile house (where ever that is :p )

Maggiano's Little Italy. Owned by the same company as Macaroni Grill, only its waayy better (and more expensive, though). If they replaced Portofino's with this, it would be booked solid every night, just like it is on land.

Isn't it the best!! My usual is the Smoke House Turkey on Panini. In case you haven't tried it, it's smoked turkey breast, smoked bacon, smoked cheddar and a sun-dried tomato ale mustard, grilled hot on Artisan Three Cheese bread. To die for!!:)

I also loved their low-fat black bean soup, but they don't have it anymore.:( I use to do the "pick 2", and get the 1/2 sanndwich, and the BB soup, but today, and the last time I was there, they have changed it to BB with chicken and chorizo....not good for me.:(

They are definitely not low fat,(sandwiches) LOL....:D ...and the bread is out of this world....

Ate their for lunch for the first time on Tuesday, had the smoked turkey panini and 1/2 a salad, both were GREAT. Also, two of my three friends with me had the low fat black bean soup, it is still alive in PA!

Archived