If you could put one "chain" restaurant on a ship, what?

I certainly don't take any of this to heart. After all, I consider this fooling around and killing time until it's time to cruise.

Beth

I wasn't referring to you Beth, you silly.:p But I think you saw some of the response and know what I mean. Some people are getting a little upset over it.

I wasn't referring to you Beth, you silly.:p But I think you saw some of the response and know what I mean. Some people are getting a little upset over it.

No I didn't take it that way at all. As a matter of fact, that was my way of saying that I agreed with you. ;)

Beth

In Kansas City before they left, we called White Castle burb burgers. If it is a chain I would vote for Cheesecake Factory, but if you want a wonderful steak it would be our local Herford House, the best steaks in the world. Or if you want great bar b que, try Arthur Bryant's.

I like Jack -Stack better. Boy I miss good bar-b-que.

In Louisiana we like spicy food. So, any chains that would serve spicy food choices would be ok by me. Currently, that's the only negative thing to us about the cruise food - it is a bit bland for our taste.

We do like Joe's Crab Shack, Laundry's Seafood, Copelands & Popeye's Chicken would be wonderful additions to cruiseships! That's just my opinion. That way we could have BBQ shrimp, Blackened fish, Jamabalya, Shrimp Creole, Seafood Poboys, Gumbo, etc...Very tasty!

I think folks from all across the country would like to try New Orleans Creole Cuisine!

Buca de Beppo gives you some huge servings' date=' and it's cool the way they lead you through the kitchen to get to your table.

Allen[/quote']

I ate there in Pittsburgh. Good grief!!!! I never saw so much food in my life. We brought so much of it home.

You could also eat in the kitchen, if my memory serves me.

And the decor:eek:

Holy cow. Where do they find all that stuff??

celtic

i would have to vote for no chain restaurants...half the fun of going on a trip is eating at new/different restaurants :)

just my opinion...

Thank you - finally, a voice of reason.

You can get food at a restaurant chain any day of the week. There is enough variety on the ship that surely there is something that everyone either likes or would like to try.

Howard

Some places that were mentioned I've never heard of but I know it's a demograhic thing...MY OPINIONS:

Starbucks: worst cofee I ever drank in my life.

Krispy Kreme Donuts: Like swallowing mini concrete blocks

Olive Garden: not bad...soup and salad was the best choice

Red Lobster: pitiful

Morton's: excellent... we paid $600.00 for dinner for 4 in New York City

Johnny Rockets: overrated novelty but not bad

Applebees: decent bar food

PF Changs: good

White Castle: pretty gross

but I would have to say that if I only had one choice.. I still think it would have be good old Mickey d's...McDonalds. It's probably been 10 years since I've eaten there...but my last memory was a nice, big. fat old Big Mac...

• 1 month later...

I heard a lot of "Cheesecake " but what about "cheesesteak". That's

right the original philly cheesteak. Pats, Geno's, hey maybe both.

What about Chickies and Petes - world famous crab fries. Definately two

types of cuisine that everyone should try.

Now I am hungry !!!

36_27_8.gif

Something classy and worth paying extra money for on an "all-inclusive" vacation. Maybe Ritz-Carlton, not some everyday, fast-food fare like Johnny Rocket's. Though on Mariner of the Seas, I did go to Johhny Rockets- and I probably could never afford to dine somewhere like the Ritz-Carlton. Aren't I such a hypocrite? :D

My new dream:

Dunkin' Donuts coffee in the morning

Cheesecake Factory for lunch

A great steakhouse for dinner--the Palm, Morton's or the like OR Legal Seafoods.

Not personally a fan of Cold Stone Creamery. Thought it expensive and have had better tasting ice cream.

Archived