Final Payment Date

Hi all,

Today is the final payment date for our Carnival Spirit cruise due to leave on the 17th August. Is there generally a few cancellations at this time - ie final payment due for a cruise?

Just wondering if it was possible to get a upgrade from our inside (4K) to a Balcony - happy to pay the difference. There only seems to be 8M's available at the moment, which are lovely (had one on the Legend last Nov), but want a side balcony this time, not an aft.

If not, I am happy to keep our 4K (interior with window). Never had a 4K before, so should be interesting to see if I like them or not. :)

Cheers,

Rebecca

Hi all,

Today is the final payment date for our Carnival Spirit cruise due to leave on the 17th August. Is there generally a few cancellations at this time - ie final payment due for a cruise?

Just wondering if it was possible to get a upgrade from our inside (4K) to a Balcony - happy to pay the difference. There only seems to be 8M's available at the moment, which are lovely (had one on the Legend last Nov), but want a side balcony this time, not an aft.

If not, I am happy to keep our 4K (interior with window). Never had a 4K before, so should be interesting to see if I like them or not. :)

Cheers,

Rebecca

Sorry I can't answer with any confidence that you will get what you are after, However, there is always movement around final payment time as some people cancel and others decide to book or upgrade. It is usually hit and miss as to whether the Upgrade fairy visits but perhaps a call to your TA can at least spur things along for a paid upgrade.:D

Thanks Mic. It looks like we are not going to get our upgrade as their doesn't seem to be any balcony'sleftat all. Oh well, we don't spend a lot of time in our cabin anyway. :)

Cheers,

Rebecca

When I booked a cruise with Carnival (USA, may be different with Carnival Australia?) I did a cabin upgrade weeks after after final payment as a cabin I liked came up,I just called carnival and they swapped cabins and I paid the difference.

Some people still cancel after final payment date and cabins still become available from Travel Agent Blocks well after final payment date and much closer to cruise day.

If Carnival AU is using RCI AU model then it wont be possible but with Carnival USA you dont have to cancel and then re book to snap up a bargain upgrade well after final.

Just keep looking at cabins and give them a call if something suitable becomes available:)

Thanks Mic. It looks like we are not going to get our upgrade as their doesn't seem to be any balcony'sleftat all. Oh well, we don't spend a lot of time in our cabin anyway. :)

Cheers,

Rebecca

No probs, I would just keep checking for cabin availabilty from time to time and also keep checking with Carnival. The roll call can give you indications when some people drop off/cancel.:D

Archived