Accidentally Overpaid Deposit

mariakitty

I was using princess.com to make a deposit payment for a reservation made yesterday. Unfortunately for me I was too quick to tap the confirm button and accidentally paid the entire balance rather than the $350 deposit. Princess is closed until tomorrow, but will I be able to reverse this charge? I could pay for the entire cruise now, but I would rather keep my money as long as possible. :) The cruise is in December so we are well within the full-refund period.

Thanks!

I was using princess.com to make a deposit payment for a reservation made yesterday. Unfortunately for me I was too quick to tap the confirm button and accidentally paid the entire balance rather than the $350 deposit. Princess is closed until tomorrow, but will I be able to reverse this charge? I could pay for the entire cruise now, but I would rather keep my money as long as possible. :) The cruise is in December so we are well within the full-refund period.

Thanks!

You shouldn't have any problem. Call them in the am and ask for the refund of whatever the overage is. Remember tho, a refund can take a a few days to a week to process whereas a charge takes seconds to process.

You shouldn't have any problem. Call them in the am and ask for the refund of whatever the overage is. Remember tho, a refund can take a a few days to a week to process whereas a charge takes seconds to process.
Make that weeks.:D

Make that weeks.:D

I had a refund from Princess for a cancelled cruise, I had the money back in my account in a week. I hope it doesn't take weeks for her to get it back. I never understand the time lag especially when money can transact so quickly when we buy.

I had a refund from Princess for a cancelled cruise, I had the money back in my account in a week. I hope it doesn't take weeks for her to get it back. I never understand the time lag especially when money can transact so quickly when we buy.

Good result for you. In the refund policy fine print (it may have been another cruiseline), I remember reading that it may take up to 6 weeks. That said, it took just over one week for mine, but I am sure that there is room for them in that fine print.:D

Good result for you. In the refund policy fine print (it may have been another cruiseline), I remember reading that it may take up to 6 weeks. That said, it took just over one week for mine, but I am sure that there is room for them in that fine print.:D

OK ... I think some of it comes from the bank billing cycles. I access our accounts all the time on-line, so see the info immediately. If someone depended on the paper version, they may not see the credit for a billing cycle or two depending on when it closed and when the refund was processed.

OK ... I think some of it comes from the bank billing cycles. I access our accounts all the time on-line, so see the info immediately. If someone depended on the paper version, they may not see the credit for a billing cycle or two depending on when it closed and when the refund was processed.

Yes, internet banking is certainly faster than how it used to be. Does any one still use cheques?:D

Yes, internet banking is certainly faster than how it used to be. Does any one still use cheques?:D

Funny because I had to write a check for a self employed handyman and had to think on how to write the check.....talk about embarrassing:o:o

Funny because I had to write a check for a self employed handyman and had to think on how to write the check.....talk about embarrassing:o:o

LOL, :D

It is the same for kids nowadays that don't know how to send (address, etc) a letter due to being all computers and such.:D

Archived