Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

If it's the Solstice, it's facing in the opposite direction than the Quantum of the Sea.

29533.jpg

I think we're hoping for images like this:

Oasis of the Seas - Logbook (Part 1)

Yeap! Prior to NCL Breakaway most of the big ships in Hall 6 were floated out stern first.

If it's the Solstice, it's facing in the opposite direction than the Quantum of the Sea.

29533.jpg

I think we're hoping for images like this:

Oasis of the Seas - Logbook (Part 1)

Those videos were produced by the STX Shipyard itself. It's up to Meyer Werft if they want to do them but I've never seen any before.

It's a great looking ship. Hope we get shots of the Quantum like that soon.

BTW...

ABB wins $180 million in orders from cruise ship builders in 2013

http://www.abb.com/cawp/seitp202/fd52d897221dadf7c1257c39002f4dfa.aspx

Two of those ships are the Oasis 3 and likely the Quantum of the Seas.

From the article:

... One of the liners for Royal Caribbean International is the Oasis 3, due for delivery from STX France in the second quarter of 2016, equipped with three 20 MW Azipod XO units from ABB. The 225,282 gt, 5,400 passenger-capacity ship will also be equipped with ABB propulsion transformers, propulsion drives and remote control systems. The other, being built by Meyer Werft GmbH, will feature two 20,5 MW Azipod XO propulsion systems as well as generators, main switchboard, a remote control system, bow thruster motors and set of transformers. The ship will be delivered in April 2016.

Edited by Lloyd555

Those videos were produced by the STX Shipyard itself. It's up to Meyer Werft if they want to do them but I've never seen any before.

There is one for the Celebrity Reflection. I saw it on board the Reflection and purchased from the X website. It's really good and she is a beautiful ship. A nice WOW factor that is different than RCI.

http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/Reflection.asp

Here's a short preview video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OTwkWlF6wDM

Celebrity has a good number of videos that are available on demand in your cabin of the different Solstice class ships being built and the River Ems conveyances.

Edited by cruisingator2

There is one for the Celebrity Reflection. I saw it on board the Reflection and purchased from the X website. It's really good and she is a beautiful ship. A nice WOW factor that is different than RCI.

http://www.shopcelebritycruises.com/Reflection.asp

Here's a short preview video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OTwkWlF6wDM

Celebrity has a good number of videos that are available on demand in your cabin of the different Solstice class ships being built and the River Ems conveyances.

I have a copy of that as well, loved it. IMO it's the best ship documentary in recent years. The host is a Celebrity cruise director and prior to that was known for producing and hosting british talk shows. What sets it apart is that he clearly understands the ship and views it as such rather than a normal construction site. From what I've heard it was his personal project and he used his job to get Celebrity to back it. Not sure that Royal Caribbean has anyone on his skill level to take the lead and do this. That's why their was that little pilot documentary about an earlier Solstice class ship and then the official documentary was on the one that he took out as Cruise Director.

I have a copy of that as well, loved it. IMO it's the best ship documentary in recent years. The host is a Celebrity cruise director and prior to that was known for producing and hosting british talk shows. What sets it apart is that he clearly understands the ship and views it as such rather than a normal construction site. From what I've heard it was his personal project and he used his job to get Celebrity to back it. Not sure that Royal Caribbean has anyone on his skill level to take the lead and do this. That's why their was that little pilot documentary about an earlier Solstice class ship and then the official documentary was on the one that he took out as Cruise Director.

That is indeed a great documentary. I purchased the CD after some of you guys here on CC posted the link. The documentary was hosted and directed by Nick Weir and in September this year Royal Caribean International appointed him VP of Entertainment. Below is the Press Release. So maybe they will have a similar one for Quantum.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1029/royal-caribbean-appoints-nick-weir-to-vice-president-of-entertainment/

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Here is a view we don't get to see that often. The far end of the hall from the other side. The cranes are on the other side of the basin.

Don't know the date when this was taken, but it is not recent.

Sigh. Have faith. There has got to be some new photos soon. :rolleyes:

Farendofhall6MW_zpsfbad76a4.jpg

Here is a view we don't get to see that often. The far end of the hall from the other side. The cranes are on the other side of the basin.

Don't know the date when this was taken, but it is not recent.

Sigh. Have faith. There has got to be some new photos soon. :rolleyes:

Farendofhall6MW_zpsfbad76a4.jpg

Nice photo. I've seen a few photos online, but nothing new.

Once again we can wait to see what tomorrow's new web cam image brings.

Nice photo. I've seen a few photos online, but nothing new.

Once again we can wait to see what tomorrow's new web cam image brings.

Me too. A different view of the loft suite block, another block with cabin balconies, etc. But nothing up to date. Oh, well. It is what it is.

Why would they store blocks for either Quantum or Anthem in hall 5 when there is no direct connection between it and hall 6. The two buildings are 90 degrees to one another.

We've seen different ones in Hall 5 for a while now. There just isn't enough space in Hall 5 for all the blocks being produced for either ship. They find room wherever they can to build and store the Quantum class blocks.

They had some river boat (or tug) afts in Hall 5 for a short period, and if you go a few pages back in this thread, you'll see where I finally realised they weren't blocks that belonged to the Quantum of the Seas. :rolleyes:

That could be it, but if not maybe Two70 floor.

That was my thinking. The design doesn't match the theaters pieces of other ships. We haven't seen the theater yet though so it could be different. This resembles more of Two70 but Quantum's is already installed so this would be for Anthem if that is where it goes.

That could be it, but if not maybe Two70 floor.

That was my thinking. The design doesn't match the theaters pieces of other ships. We haven't seen the theater yet though so it could be different. This resembles more of Two70 but Quantum's is already installed so this would be for Anthem if that is where it goes.

Really? Maayybe the top seating level of Two70?

Reminder of Two70's floor...

RC_101813_googleplus_zpsc0f4d5da.jpg

as well as:

http://www.tourwrist.com/panos/70789

This is all the images we have for the theater?

main_theater1.jpg

main_theater.jpg

main_theater2.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

See the area in the red rectangle botom left corner. Not sure that Ican see that in the theatre pictures. There is something similar to it in Two70 though, but I could be wrong.

Image courtesy of Meyer Werft wenbcam

858994124_Copyof2013_12_09_H5_W4661.jpg.a32c3a4a810e0d74e30ccdaa39ac9b26.jpg

Below is picture of Two70 shared by Pompergraugrr last week.

Two70.jpg.433ed22553cb5ed15edbb24f4d158556.jpg

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

See the area in the red rectangle botom left corner. Not sure that Ican see that in the theatre pictures. There is something similar to it in Two70 though, but I could be wrong.

Image courtesy of Meyer Werft wenbcam

[ATTACH]295172[/ATTACH]

Looks like part of the upper balconies. That block may be a work in progress. More tiers to be added around the inner edge? Hopefully next Monday's webcam image will show us something else.

Looks like part of the upper balconies. That block may be a work in progress. More tiers to be added around the inner edge? Hopefully next Monday's webcam image will show us something else.

A better image would help. I email MW to see if they could send a better image of both Hall 5 and 6.

Why would they store blocks for either Quantum or Anthem in hall 5 when there is no direct connection between it and hall 6. The two buildings are 90 degrees to one another.

While the two building docks do not directly connect with each other, blocks can be moved between the two without too much difficulty. If you look at the layout of the facility, neither of the main fabrication halls (where all of the building blocks originate) directly connect with either building dock.