Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Hopefully not too much longer.

I would say within a month we may see RipCord installed.

I think we may see ripcord installed once she is outside, they won't put the finished funnels on until she clears the building dock. Height wise they are limited being that it's a closed building dock.

This thread was getting too far down the page in the sub-forum. Needed a new updated photo posting! ;)

master-schniefFebruary12014_zpsfa60c2a3.jpg

Photo courtesy a fellow twitterer

I'm going to guess all of that glass is covered to prevent paint splatter. Wonder how long they will keep things covered.

I'm going to guess all of that glass is covered to prevent paint splatter. Wonder how long they will keep things covered.

Probably until most of the outfitting is done.

Looking back at some of the renderings and deck plans (and the life boat support from above picture) are the life boats actually sitting on top of deck 5 or along the side like on the other RC ships? I thought I read somewhere that the safety rules for boarding lifeboats was changed/updated and that is why on the Quantum Class they are different.

Probably until most of the outfitting is done.

Looking back at some of the renderings and deck plans (and the life boat support from above picture) are the life boats actually sitting on top of deck 5 or along the side like on the other RC ships? I thought I read somewhere that the safety rules for boarding lifeboats was changed/updated and that is why on the Quantum Class they are different.

If you google Celebrity Solstice Promenade Deck you'll see some pictures. It is the same design on Quantum. The lifeboats are actually resting on deck 5 so it's very closed in and you can't see the ocean unless you go to the areas where there are none. Very un Royal Caribbean like IMO. I really wish they had at least given us an overhang since they took so much space away from that area. The area outside the MDR on Voyager and Freedom class ships is my favorite place at sea.

If you google Celebrity Solstice Promenade Deck you'll see some pictures. It is the same design on Quantum. The lifeboats are actually resting on deck 5 so it's very closed in and you can't see the ocean unless you go to the areas where there are none. Very un Royal Caribbean like IMO. I really wish they had at least given us an overhang since they took so much space away from that area. The area outside the MDR on Voyager and Freedom class ships is my favorite place at sea.

Touché on the bold!

You are right. I checked a few images at Google and Ship Parade and the layout is almost identical. I have never been on Celebrity and the Solstice Class, so I wonder how deck 6 balcony cabins overlooking the lifeboats are for guest (assuming its the same deck number above the promenade)? I have heard a lot of positive comments on the Waterfront concept that NCL has on the Brekaway Class. Hopefully RCI will come up with something for the Quantum Class.

Lloyd is doing an amazing job keeping this up to date and photos in this thread. Kudos!

Hopefully we'll see a similar thread started soon on Anthem as well.

The same thread can be used if you think of this one as ...

Quantum Class Keel Blocks are in the House! :rolleyes:

The same thread can be used if you think of this one as ...

Quantum Class Keel Blocks are in the House! :rolleyes:

Understand.

That said...since the progress stages on the 2 ships are not the same...that was the reason for the recommendation of segregating things if possible.

You're doing a super job on Quantum!

Understand.

That said...since the progress stages on the 2 ships are not the same...that was the reason for the recommendation of segregating things if possible.

You're doing a super job on Quantum!

Good recommendation indeed. It works either way. Maybe when we get a new photo of the Anthem's build, somebody will be tempted to start a new thread.

I have a separate board started on Pinterest for the Anthem. I have to remind myself to post some Anthem keel photos in it. Funnily enough, I was looking forward to seeing some blocks added to her keel in the latest webcam images, but then they changed the webcam view to the latest one! (I was also hoping to see if all the Quantum's bow keel blocks were attached - I was told that it appears as if they are). Oh well.

It would be great if Meyer Werft had the two webcams up in Hall 6, front and back (it has been done before). This way you can see both ships progress in isolation. Since they are only giving us one for now the idea of "Quantum Class Keel Blocks are in the House" is a good one. It would also make it easier to compare things in the build stage of Anthem if in the same thread by flipping back a few pages to view Quantum progress at the same stage.

Yes, Lloyd has done GREAT JOB keeping things interesting here :)

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Good point. In fact, if you overlay the deck 4 and 5 deck plans from the Reflection, you have a really close fit to the deck 4 and 5 "royal" promenade on Quantum. Looking more and more than a morph on the Solstice class design every day:(

Good point. In fact, if you overlay the deck 4 and 5 deck plans from the Reflection, you have a really close fit to the deck 4 and 5 "royal" promenade on Quantum. Looking more and more than a morph on the Solstice class design every day:(

We were on the Sillhoutte and the Eclipse. We enjoyed both. If this is a blend of Royal and Celebrity, I am all for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Sillhoutte and the Eclipse. We enjoyed both. If this is a blend of Royal and Celebrity, I am all for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

How was the outside promenade deck on the Solstice class if you can recall? Just so that we have a point of references for Quantum. Thanks.

You are right. I checked a few images at Google and Ship Parade and the layout is almost identical. I have never been on Celebrity and the Solstice Class, so I wonder how deck 6 balcony cabins overlooking the lifeboats are for guest (assuming its the same deck number above the promenade)? I have heard a lot of positive comments on the Waterfront concept that NCL has on the Brekaway Class. Hopefully RCI will come up with something for the Quantum Class.

I believe there will be something like the NCL waterfront concept on Quantum. There's a video floating around YouTube of Kevin Sheehan 'introducing' NCL Getaway. It's on board the ship during its first populated sailing, he talks about a ship that will be released soon that's already copying the concept. I think it's a logical conclusion that he's probably referring to QoS.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You know what they say...Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

LOL! Not much he can say....those rock walls, aqua parks NCL have were introduced on RCL and the water slides were first introduced on Carnival.

:D:cool:

I believe there will be something like the NCL waterfront concept on Quantum. There's a video floating around YouTube of Kevin Sheehan 'introducing' NCL Getaway. It's on board the ship during its first populated sailing, he talks about a ship that will be released soon that's already copying the concept. I think it's a logical conclusion that he's probably referring to QoS.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That would be OK since NCL is now also putting Rock Climbing Walls on thier ships and we all know who started that :)