Cruise ships and the problems CNN 6/4

lowroller

I'm not sure where this should be posted, so if it is wrong forum feel free to move it.

I saw an ad for Anderson Cooper 360 show

CNN Tuesday 6/4/2013 8:00pm eastern.

Story on the troubles of today's cruise ships.

Glenn

As much as I like Anderson Cooper - todays news is from balanced. They will do whatever they can to make things look terrible.

Yes, there are problems and tragedies in cruising. But, somehow they will skip the part about millions of people having a great time, and all those people that will cruise again, and again.

I'm not sure where this should be posted, so if it is wrong forum feel free to move it.

Glenn

Cool, thank you.

As much as I like Anderson Cooper - todays news is from balanced. They will do whatever they can to make things look terrible.

Yes, there are problems and tragedies in cruising. But, somehow they will skip the part about millions of people having a great time, and all those people that will cruise again, and again.

Exactly. I am sure they will ignore the recent norovirus outbreak at a hotel just outside NYC last month. Over 100 people got sick and barely a peep was made.

Exactly. I am sure they will ignore the recent norovirus outbreak at a hotel just outside NYC last month. Over 100 people got sick and barely a peep was made.

Although I bet I can say why...people floating around in the middle of the ocean afflicted with a nasty stomach ailment is sexy TV for the viewing public. A hotel in NY with sick people is just too close to home and realistic in its ability to affect their own lives. To the average viewer one is sexy, the other just scary.

Glenn

I'll be tuning in.

So, I tuned in to CNN at 7:00 CST. Anderson did not get to the story until way after 7:30. The bottom line is that the cruise ships are owned by smaller countries, do not pay a lot in US taxes, and are not regulated by the US even though most of the passengers are Americans.

But, then, they said the US Coast Guard inspects the ships twice a year for eight hours at a time. These are planned inspections.

I did not get anything new from this story. I think it was over-hyped.

Archived