Celebrating a Birthday Onboard

rm1247

Has anyone celebrated a child's birthday onboard? My daughter will turn 3 while on our next cruise and I'm looking for ways to celebrate it. Unfortunately, it is on a port day, but we will be having supper on the ship. We'll be on Royal's Brilliance of the Seas. Will I be able to order a cake? Balloons? Any other ideas of things to do to celebrate? We'll probably have a party at home before we leave, so it doesn't need to be anything extreme, I just want to make sure her birthday is special. :)

Through the Royal Caribbean website (gifts & gear area) you can order a cake and room decorations. I believe the basic cake is around $15-$20 and the decorations are in that range too.

We just were on Allure to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. We decorated her door ourselves with stuff we brought onboard. Since there were a lot of us, we ordered a specialty/larger cake through the head waiter. It was more $$ but there was mor than enough for everyone in our group.

You can order a cake (chocolate or vanilla - I think they are $15) and they will bring it out at dessert time with candles and the waiters will all sing to her. Exciting for a little one. You can also order cabin decorations in advance from Gifts & Gear and the cabin will be decorated.

The cake sounds fun! How do you request the date you want it delivered? I just went to order one, but couldn't see an option to choose the day.

Coordinate with the headwaiter in the dining room the first night. Then remind him again the night you want it served.

Archived