Oasis Of Seas - Family Cabin v Interconnecting Cabin

Hi, my family of 5 along with another family of 5 (3 children aged 4, 7,10) are planning on a 7 night Oasis of the Seas cruise of Eastern Caribbean next year. We are deciding between booking an 2 x Ocean View Family Staterooms or 3 inside cabins with a quad and double interconnecting and another quad near by (to make our total of 10). By choosing the latter of the options we will be saving quite a bit of money. As we are travelling before the cruise as well we will have large suitcases each so worried about space issues. Which option would give us the most space? Also welcoming any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

The only real space in the room for suitcases is under the bed. The closet and shelves and then the drawers will hold your clothes, but not much else.

We had a family of 5, and got two rooms... But we did it a little different than you suggest. We got one ocean balcony, and then an interior across the hall. That provided us one balcony for us all to enjoy, with 3 beds across the hall in the interior. That room was basically just used for sleeping. We were a LITTLE worried about them being across the hall, but after about 5 minutes that fear was erased. It worked GREAT, and gave us just a hint more privacy, too. :)

I would suggest this for at LEAST a couple reasons:

1. On the Oasis, it can sometimes be hard to "find the Ocean". By that I mean that the ship is so huge, and with the way the rooms are arranged, you spend a lot of time on the interior of the ship. And when I'm on a cruise, I'd like to be reminded of it frequently. :D Having an ocean view balcony helps with that. Without that balcony, you have to be on the very top couple decks of the ship to see ocean, or lucky enough to be near a window in the main dining room.

2. If you're on the fence about the drink package, having two rooms like that can save you MASSIVE money. In our case, on the reservation I was in one room with one of the kids, and my wife was in the other with two kids. That allowed me to buy the drink package, and my wife didn't have to (because she wasn't in my room on the reservation). It might get looked down at here, but both of us drank on my alcohol package virtually all week. I think we bought her two drinks.

Hope this helps.

It might get looked down at here, but both of us drank on my alcohol package virtually all week. I think we bought her two drinks.

Might? I would go ahead and don your flame retardant suit RIGHT NOW! :D:eek:

Archived