Yikes! SeaDream is tempting me...

knotheadusc

We didn't pre-book another voyage on our last cruise for several reasons. The main one is that we're moving and don't know what's in store for us after next year. And we also really want to go barging in Ireland.

I somehow managed not to even really give a lot of thought to pre-booking when we were onboard. Today, I got an email from SeaDream extending the 15% discount for a couple more weeks...

Why do they do this to me? :eek:

I gather you were very recently on SD and they are giving you a "second chance" to get the 15 percent onboard discount, or was your voyage longer ago than a few weeks?

We have almost always opted to buy the discount figuring it is a $50 option to save thousands on a future voyage. Granted they have your $2500 in the meantime, but the savings are well worth it, and there is so much flexibility in using it. The worst that happens is you ask for the money back minus the $50 processing fee.

Offering it after a voyage is new as far as I know. In fact, we were once on it or actually about to be on it and I asked for some consideration in the form of buying the 15 percent discount before we boarded so I could lock in the then-current fares on voyage the following year, and they said I had be on the ship to get the 15 percent and I could then re-book onboard to use it, which we did. It was only a matter of weeks before we were to be onboard but they were that "by the book" about it. Maybe this is a sign of a somewhat soft market. Anyone hearing how the Asian bookings are going?

Yes, that's correct. They are giving us a second chance to lock in the savings. We were just on a few weeks ago and, like you, I thought if you didn't book onboard, you didn't get the discount.

I am sorely tempted... and I do have a birthday coming up and would love to see Costa Rica. Going to have to give it some hard thought. I have until the 15th.

This was also the first time I ever got an email from SeaDream that indicated that they'd read my comments. Not that I doubted they had in the past, they just never sent me specific indication that they had. That was very nice to see. :)

Good to hear on response to comments. I have emailed them directly as well as filled out the comment card. The Miami office has been very responsive to feedback, questions, etc.

We will be on the Costa Rica/Panama trip post-Christmas that includes New Year's Eve in Panama City followed by transiting the Panama Canal on New Year's Day. Should be a fun way to ring in the new year 2014! Join us or look at one of the other Costa Rica options of which there are several.

Archived