Elegant night= no suits?

mcatmcat

Some people are so shallow. The person inside matters much more than the packaging.

How one chooses to present one's self in public is an indicator of the "person inside."

Getting dressed is an act. Dressing inappropriately is acting inappropriately. It is just as boorish and inconsiderate as poor table manners. Those who claim "comfort" as their excuse are no different than those who cut in line - they are putting themselves above everybody else.

Additionally, it frustrates me to no end that so many feel that attempts to enforce appropriate dress are, in fact, attempts to impose (or expose) social stratification. In fact, dress codes exist to democratize an event and make everyone more at ease. For men in particular, no one can tell if you spent $99 or $3000 on your suit or formal wear, but everyone will notice whether you purchased your jeans and t-shirt at Barney's or Wallmart.

Incidentally, it is just as rude to overdress as it is to underdress.

Honey (you said sweetie) good for you.

Good for your relationship.

In the single world, soon to be single world, dress is the first impression.

Wear what ever you want.

Don't knock a guy for giving the effort.

He's not looking for you.

He's looking for the single ladies.:p

The thing is you know I'm right.

Truth!

If hubbys don't care what wives are wearing, why is he watching me?

Not like it matters that your new here but you will see soon ,some topics will never die ;)

MDR dress, tipping, chair hogs , all the cutbacks ,terrible food, smoking ,FTTF ,VIFP, shortage of snails .The list of BS that people complain about goes on and on and on

Yup, it's like that movie "Groundhog Day"... same thing over and over and over. All the while the search button is covered in cobwebs.

Yup, it's like that movie "Groundhog Day"... same thing over and over and over. All the while the search button is covered in cobwebs.

I wish their were some stickies that cover all the basic questions and complaints

I think it would make the moderators lives easier without all the debates on basic questions :)

You may see 1-2 tuxes and 10-15% with suits. More than 50% will not be wearing a tie.

I agree with the few tux (leaving mine at home next time) but last November on Miracle out of NY nearly every guy wore a jacket and tie. IMO if you show up in shirt sleeves you'll feel under-dressed. AND, Carnival isn't lowering the standards, the guests are.

I agree with the few tux (leaving mine at home next time) but last November on Miracle out of NY nearly every guy wore a jacket and tie. IMO if you show up in shirt sleeves you'll feel under-dressed. AND, Carnival isn't lowering the standards, the guests are.

Every cruise I have been on I have worn a short sleeve button down shirt and dress pants and have never felt under dressed. Some know how to dress in a shirt and slacks better than those in suits that do not know how to iron or buy clothes that fit properly. I have also never been on a cruise that nearly every man has had a jacket and tie on either

Hi

I had previous experience with carnival when they had " formal night" now it's called " elegant night" and honestly it looks to me that they are trying to lower the standards so you really don't have to wear a tie and suits

This is going to be my first time after the change, so I was wondering if you see less ties and suits during elegant night - Yes.

I don't mind wearing my suits, I always had but if carnival is becoming less formal I like to go with the flow.

Thank you so much !!!!

This is a good thing IMO.

Archived