What has happened to the Early Saver option?

I've noticed the same thing. The cruises I'm looking at should still have the Early Saver option because they are still 6-8 months out from sail date, but the regular "Early Saver" disappeared with the institution of this new fall and winter sale.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that they've decided to remove Early Saver while these sales are running so that new bookings can't book Early Saver and then turn right around the put in for the price reduction based on the current sale (which I've been successful in doing previously). This way, they will get more people booking under the sale fare code, and these bookings wouldn't be eligible for price drops after final payment due date. (I've noticed other cruises that are not included in the fall and winter sale still have the regular Early Saver option).

Another thing is that these sales with reduced deposits with Early Saver included (like the last sale) were causing confusion because when people were trying to get price adjustments to other fares that were not reduced deposits, they were being blindsided by the fact that they would need to put down a full deposit when matching.

If my suspicion is correct, it could be that the regular Early Saver option will return when the sale is over (for cruises that are still far enough out).

You could be right... but then again.. the last few sales they have been having do not seem to be filling the ships, and therefore have been extended and extended over and over again. Look at the Friends and Family sale... that has been extended several times for months... if that keeps up, early saver will not be an option as it will be past the dates that you can book that way... hmmmmm:p

I booked early saver for our august 5 day cruise way back in Mar when the friends and family past guest sale just started (and early saver was no longer showing online) by calling carnival and saying I wanted to book early saver. Try that.

Yep the one for my Jan booking is back too. That makes me pretty upset that she told me that it would never be back up. I ended up booking someone else under the sale that night and now they won't get the early saver options. Not cool carnival.

Yep the one for my Jan booking is back too. That makes me pretty upset that she told me that it would never be back up. I ended up booking someone else under the sale that night and now they won't get the early saver options. Not cool carnival.

Your friend can switch to Early Saver if they want to. They are not "stuck" with the promo they booked and can switch rates to ES any time until irs no longer available.

I checked the other day and noticed the fall and winter rate was lower than what I paid by $10. Today that sale is done and the early saver rate is $80. more and past guest is up by $50. I figured rates went down, didn't expect to see them go up. Glad I caught it, $10. is better in my pocket.

Hope this helps.

You don't have to do a "fake booking" to see if there are lower fares out there.....all you have to do is copy the url below into your address bar to access the Fare Viewer.

you have to price match your category...and it's a good idea to screen-shot what you find in case you need proof later.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer#

Hope this helps.

You don't have to do a "fake booking" to see if there are lower fares out there.....all you have to do is copy the url below into your address bar to access the Fare Viewer.

you have to price match your category...and it's a good idea to screen-shot what you find in case you need proof later.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer#

The problem I find with Fareviewer is that it does not show military rates so if you are eligible for military rate...fareviewer does you no good.

I had been pondering a November cruise. Booked it yesterday under Fall/winter sale because ES wasn't available. This morning ES became available again so I switched over. It's $20 higher per person but I've had ES prices drop as much as $150 pp in the past so I'm willing to gamble.

My 50% deposit rate was gone this morning and the rate went back up. I hope they processed the $20 drop I found on Thursday.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Had to resubmit with the correct booking # :rolleyes: put in the memo that it was valid on the 6th. I hope it works this time!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Archived