Cunard - QM2 - Where are my Documents??

JGR01

Am booked on the Aug 9 New York to Southampton crossing on the QM2.

No cruise pre/post tour thru Cunard .. did airs and hotels myself.

I have gotten NOTHING from Cunard so far (sans the bill that is marked PAID).

Called and asked about documents.

Was told the 'pre-cruise' docs have generated and are 'in the mail'. That was two weeks ago . nothing has arrived.

Was told the 'true' documents will arrive two to three weeks from the date of the cruise.

Am I concerned over nothing?? As I travel on business a bit .. I hate to 'miss' the day the docs arrive and then have them waiting for a week or more for me to complete.. hoping I am not sending them in too late.

Comments??

Have you dowloaded and filled out your cruise registration form. Unless you fill it out and fax it in, Cunard won't send your docs. If you've taken care of all of that sit tight, and they will appear soon enough, that or get back on the horn again.

Have a great voyage.

Cruiserking

http://www.cunard.com/Planner/Default.asp?plan_active=Forms

This lets you download a PDF of the Registration Form.

Don't worry about nothing arriving yet. Cunard tell you on their FAQ page that tickets and docs are sent out about 2 weeks before departure. We were sent ours through our Travel Agent in the UK.

In any case, the booklet they send you, if anything like ours, hasn't got much info about the crossing. It is more the terms and conditions, etc.

Download the registration form, send it off to Cunard and sit back and relax. You should be getting excited about the crossing and what to pack, not worrying about the paperwork.

Enjoy your trip.

We filled in these forms but posted them to the Cunard office in Southampton. I seem to remember that the exact address was on the Cunard invoice - if not, your travel agent should be able to help with the address.

Am booked on the Aug 9 New York to Southampton crossing on the QM2.

No cruise pre/post tour thru Cunard .. did airs and hotels myself.

I have gotten NOTHING from Cunard so far (sans the bill that is marked PAID).

Called and asked about documents.

Was told the 'pre-cruise' docs have generated and are 'in the mail'. That was two weeks ago . nothing has arrived.

Was told the 'true' documents will arrive two to three weeks from the date of the cruise.

Am I concerned over nothing?? As I travel on business a bit .. I hate to 'miss' the day the docs arrive and then have them waiting for a week or more for me to complete.. hoping I am not sending them in too late.

Comments??

Hi we are booked on the same crossing...via Vantage, received form to fill out and returned to them...awaiting further docs...we look forward to seeing you on board....:)

Think that since I booked directly with Cunard .. they are having some 'change-over' issues. Their computer said my pre-crusie docs where sent the 23 May .. but .. oh that is wrong they are going out next week.

Kinda worry when things go awry!

Have downloaded the materials .. and sending off!

THANKS CRUISE CRITIC members for your help!

JR

BTW .. in the link IceMan sent .. there is the 'Gift' Order form. Thought I needed to plan ahead and have Champagne on order for sail-away! Ordered/Donewith! THANKS SO MUCH!

Booking with Cunard directly I am not expecting anything 'from my travel agent' so I pre-ordered a few things (scotch) so they were already paid for and not on my shipboard account!

Hey there JG

It is annoying, isn't it?

:D

In my experience with Cunard, it was usually 2 weeks prior, and sometimes a month! But more recently, 2 weeks before ticket arrival.

It seems they 'perfected' thier style, and now send everything out at the last minute. Guess they discovered a new systematic way, and sticking to it.

:rolleyes:

And enjoy your voyage!

:)

Don't worry as long as you've sent in the registration form. There was a huge delay in receiving the pre-cruise packet and we finally received our documents three weeks prior to departure. From all that I've read on this board, it's status quo for standard Cunard time...

Good luck.

Not to worry. ALL Cruise lines are going paperless anyway, so all you really need is your passport and booking number to board any ship on any line. Cunard still does send paper tickets, but currently Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Celebrity are all paperless with the other major cruise lines including Princess, Carnival, and Cunard sure to follow?

Even if you don not send in your "precruise" registration forms, Cunard will usually still send your tickets about 2 weeks before you sail. With air/sea bookings usually you MUST register or tickets will not be issued.

Bruce

I have been to the Cunard web site, and downloaded the pre cruise form. It says to send it in 6 weeks prior to sailing. I usually do my pre cruise guest registrations on-line (Celebrity) and would prefer to do it that way. Does the Cunard web site allow this? I tried to find a way to do it to no avail.

Grace

I have been to the Cunard web site, and downloaded the pre cruise form. It says to send it in 6 weeks prior to sailing. I usually do my pre cruise guest registrations on-line (Celebrity) and would prefer to do it that way. Does the Cunard web site allow this? I tried to find a way to do it to no avail.

Grace

I agree online forms are great .. and some lines have them. Unfortunately Cunard (etal) is not there yet.

If you have a problem with the faxing of the documents to them (the number is on the bottom of the form) .. look into a service called www.efax.com where you send (and receive) faxes via the internet. Granted you need to be able to scan them in to fill them out and sign them .. but as I do not have a fax machine, I use this service. There IS a cost to it I think, but use it for business also .. so the costs are minimal.

I printed, completed, signed, scanned and efaxed mine in yesterday. Along with a couple of 'gifts' from myself to myself!! Since I booked directly with Cunard I know there won't be anything from the TravelAgent waiting in the cabin.

Archived