Royal Princess Central Stairwell

runnerodb83

In the future cruise cards will have to be bigger so they can fit all the optional stickers on it that you need.

Coke sticker

Elevator sticker

Coffee sticker

TV sticker

Life boat sticker

I doubt that lack of public access to a mid-ship stairwell is a safety issue (I feel confident that there are stairs there, for crew use, that would be available in an emergency), but it definitely impacted our decision regarding our chosen cabin location. We would have enjoyed being on the back of the Marina Deck, but DH is a hot tub fan. For him to get to one from the back of Marina Deck, he'd either have to walk up the aft stairwell and through the buffet (not really an option, particularly on his return) or wait for an elevator to go one deck up mid-ship. (I don't think we've ever taken an elevator one deck up before). We opted for Lido forward instead.

It only was a real pain on the Grand because the elevators always misbehaved, passed your floor while you waited, were broken, etc. ... Granted, this was before the refit, but I have read comments that the elevator problems were not addressed at the last dry dock. So, yes, a central staircase would have been really appreciated on the Grand.

On the Grand, the "chronically misbehaving elevators" problem and "lack of a central stairwell accessible to pax" problem both were real annoyances as recently as Oct. 2012 and Feb. 2013 when we were on the Grand. The "no central stairwell" issue on the Grand (minor though it may be in the overall scheme of things) is mentioned often. It does seem surprising to me that Princess has ignored this in designing the Royal. It will be interesting to see if they open up the central stairwell to pax on the Regal as they did on the ships built after the Grand.

John

To the OP, this has been discussed ad nauseum, along with the Promenade problem in many other threads.

If you and others are not happy about this, why not post them on Princess's Facebook page. Princess checks its Facebook page much more than it does Cruise Critic.

You and others may get responses and the posts will be brought to management.

As for me, the lack of central staircase is not a deal breaker. So, we will all have to walk a little bit more... not a bad thing when you think of it!

In the future cruise cards will have to be bigger so they can fit all the optional stickers on it that you need.

Coke sticker

Elevator sticker

Coffee sticker

TV sticker

Life boat sticker

You left off the Food Sticker:eek:

Archived