Royal Princess angled balcony rooms

58Piano

What do you think of an angled balcony room on the Royal Princess?

Never had a balcony before. Do you think you would see more or less of the view? It looks like the angle would cause you to view other balcony rooms as well. Do you think they would be covered by the room above it?

I think it will be great, they are bigger. We enjoy balconies, so nice to have breakfast/coffee...try it. We are on Royal Sep 3 (D424) looking forward.

Edited by cannelle

Had a forward facing one on the hump of a Celebrity ship. When the ship was underway it was way too windy to effectivly use. Caught the wind and even blew the furnature around. Its nice that they are bigger and they do offer a great view though.

• 11 months later...
I think it will be great, they are bigger. We enjoy balconies, so nice to have breakfast/coffee...try it. We are on Royal Sep 3 (D424) looking forward.

So how was the balcony in this cabin. We have it booked for April. Surprised to see how small the standard balcony is in this ship.

I had E411 angled balcony for the Royal Maiden TA last Oct & would book one again in a minute. Those balconies are bigger than others on the ship. My view was not impeded at all. The only privacy issues come when you are on higher floors under the Seawalk where you can look down on them.

We were in B429. It was a very nice mini suite, and the balcony presented no problems. People can see the balcony, but nothing like deck 9 on other ships on which the entire balcony has no privacy.

It looks like the angle would cause you to view other balcony rooms as well. Do you think they would be covered by the room above it?

I am not sure what the reason is many people are concerned with seeing others on their balconies or others seeing them.

Others being on their balconies does not interfere with my enjoyment of being on my balcony unless the others are being noisy or smoking (which is no longer allowed).

And I am certainly not concerned if others can see me.

In general, I rarely see others out on their balconies much unless it is scenic cruising like in Glacier Bay or the Panama Canal or just pulling into a port.

We had on on Royal and it did diminish the view but it was not very large even with the extra space,

It def depends on which cabin you have whether the view is blocked or not & how big the balcony is. The larger central angled deluxe balconies on Emerald deck had no obstruction straight out, but the lifeboats were below you, so you could not see straight down to the water. Other rooms on that deck had smaller balconies & did have obstructions. If u have one in mind, maybe someone has some experience or a pic for you.

Berni