Breakaway: Crew Finale "You Are Norwegian Now" 5/26/13 sailing

KJE Atlanta

Here's a video of the Breakaway crew finale "You are Norwegian Now" which was held in the main theater immediately following the 7:00pm Saturday performance of Burn the Floor. They said the crew finale was simulcast in the atrium, the Manhattan Room MDR, and other areas of the ship. I know it's a little cheesy, but I really do love it when they do this! :D

I was on this sailing. This Breakaway crew finale "You are Norwegian now" was THE lamest thing I've ever seeing on NCL.

People were gathering at the Atrium anticipating to see the crew and all they've got was a RECORDED short message from Cruise Director and hand wave from the Captain and other staff members.

Then 8-10 crew members were drugged on stage before the screen. By the look on their faces you could tell that they didn't want to be there, that they were "ripped" from their work to appear in this ridiculous "performance". Just a few of them knew or tried to sing the "Norwegian" song.

The whole thing was short, cheap and really BAD. Many people were very disappointed.

I was on this sailing. This Breakaway crew finale "You are Norwegian now" was THE lamest thing I've ever seeing on NCL.

People were gathering at the Atrium anticipating to see the crew and all they've got was a RECORDED short message from Cruise Director and hand wave from the Captain and other staff members.

Then 8-10 crew members were drugged on stage before the screen. By the look on their faces you could tell that they didn't want to be there, that they were "ripped" from their work to appear in this ridiculous "performance". Just a few of them knew or tried to sing the "Norwegian" song.

The whole thing was short, cheap and really BAD. Many people were very disappointed.

I'm sure they weren't ripped from there station they do this on every sailing fleet wide on the last night .. At least every cruise I've been on .. But it normally ends with the washy washy girls or guys singing and dancing where's the washy washy happy happy!

I do miss "The Norwegian Way" much more moving. The best part of the farewell show is the appreciation the audience gives to the crew. Watching on TVs just dose not do it justice.

Did u not watch the end when the crew came out?

I do miss "The Norwegian Way" much more moving. The best part of the farewell show is the appreciation the audience gives to the crew. Watching on TVs just dose not do it justice.[/quote]

Exactly my point.

I'm sure they weren't ripped from there station they do this on every sailing fleet wide on the last night .. At least every cruise I've been on .. But it normally ends with the washy washy girls or guys singing and dancing where's the washy washy happy happy!

I know what you talking about. I've been on many cruises and was always moved to tears when the officers and the crew came on the stage all together and the beautiful farewell song was performed.

This was different. In a bad way. What you are talking about is normally done in ONE place usually the theatre. The crew and officers are all together on stage and the farewell scene is beautiful and moving.

ON the Breakaway this was done in THREE different places, one in the Atrium, on in the theatre at the end of the Burn the floor performance and one in the Manhattan dining room. The recording was shown simultaneously in all three locations and the crew was divided in three small groups.

It didn't work. I saw many people who left very disappointed.

I do miss "The Norwegian Way" much more moving. The best part of the farewell show is the appreciation the audience gives to the crew. Watching on TVs just dose not do it justice.

Having just watched the new farewell show, I too liked "The Norwegian Way" much better.

I know what you talking about. I've been on many cruises and was always moved to tears when the officers and the crew came on the stage all together and the beautiful farewell song was performed.

This was different. In a bad way. What you are talking about is normally done in ONE place usually the theatre. The crew and officers are all together on stage and the farewell scene is beautiful and moving.

ON the Breakaway this was done in THREE different places, one in the Atrium, on in the theatre at the end of the Burn the floor performance and one in the Manhattan dining room. The recording was shown simultaneously in all three locations and the crew was divided in three small groups.

It didn't work. I saw many people who left very disappointed.

I would imagine that in the atrium where you watched on TV that the experience was very different than in the theater where we were when everyone came walking in and filled the stage and sang. On the atrium screen, I imagine you were just seeing a recording of what we were actually watching live in the theater. I think the experience of watching it on TV would pale in comparison to being in the theater with the crew and a large crowd standing and cheering and waving. In the theater, it was a very similar experience to other NCL ships.

No washy washy girls or boys on the Breakaway so they weren't in the show (unfortunately). It's another story for another day, but a big disappointment is that they have done away the washy washy folks in the buffet.... we watched one day at lunch and less than 1 out of every 10 (our friend counted 4 out of 50) people coming in bothered to sanitize their hands and almost nobody used the sinks they've installed. Hopefully they'll bring washy washy back and then they can be in the farewell show. :)

I liked the prior song better too. Agree that it's a nice moment when the passengers get to cheer for the crew. TV certainly wouldn't have the same vibe or energy. That's why we were glad to be in the theater and experiencing it live.

Did u not watch the end when the crew came out?

Right.... if someone doesn't watch for a few minutes, they might think that it's only a video. The crew comes in to the theater at the 2:40 point in the video.

Tough crowd this morning! :D I said it was cheesy....

Thanks for posting the video. For me, this is always my favorite part of any cruise, and I guess I must be a lame douche bag for loving it. ;)

Some folks just don't have a filter, or a heart, apparently.

Thanks for posting the video. For me, this is always my favorite part of any cruise, and I guess I must be a lame douche bag for loving it. ;)

Some folks just don't have a filter, or a heart, apparently.

Like! And me too!

Archived