Too much in one day?

kriscruise

We will be in San Juan from 11-7. My husband and son really want to see one of the forts. We also wanted to do one of the ziplining tours. The ziplining excursion is 4 hours. Do you think it is reasonable to plan to do a ziplining excursion an then walk over and see a fort? Or is that too much? My kids are 10, 13, and 15.

Thanks!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The forts (El Morro) are about a 15 minute walk from the port so it should be doable, but you's probaly need a good two hours to really explore. You could always grab a cab if you are running short of time.

Last July on our Liberty cruise we did the zip lining excursion, walked around San Juan, took the shuttle bus and explored the Forts. We didn't do an extensive exploration but it was sufficient for us and I have great pictures. It is doable. Have fun!!!

Last July on our Liberty cruise we did the zip lining excursion, walked around San Juan, took the shuttle bus and explored the Forts. We didn't do an extensive exploration but it was sufficient for us and I have great pictures. It is doable. Have fun!!!

How did you like the zip lining? Did you do it thru the cruise line? There are 5 of us. Trying to decide if it is worth the money.

First, the forts are not a 15 minute walk from the Carnival port, maybe at a brisk pace to the first one but remember, you will have a couple young children after a 4-hour zip line tour and you will be walking uphill to the first one. There is a free shuttle that goes to each one but it's schedule is controlled by traffic conditions. You look to have plenty of time but check out the shuttle.

How did you like the zip lining? Did you do it thru the cruise line? There are 5 of us. Trying to decide if it is worth the money.

Sorry for the delay. My son (18) and niece (17) had an absolute blast! It scared me to death but I managed to make it all the way thru to the end...lol. Yes, well worth it if you are adventurous. We booked it with Carnival and it was with the Original Canopy Tour. They still talk about it to this day...plus the choice words I used as I screamed my way down the lines! Lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One major issue in San Juan is traffic! I did an ATV tour in the rainforest area and the traffic was a killer! It took a very long time with the amount of traffic/construction that we hit. This is something that you will need to factor in if you want to do multiple things.

Archived