Taking water etc. on board

trig42

We are off on P320 this coming weekend on the Pearl.

Since I do not have to travel far to the Terminal, I was going to load up a suitcase with some bottled water/Cola/OJ for us in our cabin (no alcohol - I know that is not allowed).

My question is - do P&O frown upon this, or is it OK (I am only looking at taking maybe 6 x 1-1.5 L water bottles and a couple of soft drink bottles)?

Thanks in advance - looking forward to the cruise!

We are off on P320 this coming weekend on the Pearl.

Since I do not have to travel far to the Terminal, I was going to load up a suitcase with some bottled water/Cola/OJ for us in our cabin (no alcohol - I know that is not allowed).

My question is - do P&O frown upon this, or is it OK (I am only looking at taking maybe 6 x 1-1.5 L water bottles and a couple of soft drink bottles)?

Thanks in advance - looking forward to the cruise!

Absolutely no problem. Take as much as you like. No-one will bother about it and I don't think you will need to limit your consumption to in your own cabin.

Enjoy your cruise. We quite like the Pearl.:D

There was no problem on the Dawn. We took water and mineral water small bottles so they could fit in our fridge. We had them in our carry on and I did have to open the carry on bag so they could check it was water. We had no problem drinking it anywhere on the ship.

There was no problem on the Dawn. We took water and mineral water small bottles so they could fit in our fridge. We had them in our carry on and I did have to open the carry on bag so they could check it was water. We had no problem drinking it anywhere on the ship.

Thanks Wattle,

We are on Deck 11 on the Pearl - is there a fridge in all the rooms? If so, I might take smaller bottles, although I don't mind room temperature water.

We were on deck 10 on the dawn, and there are fridges in all the cabins. We could also ask for a bucket of ice from our room steward. The small bottles of water or smalls cans of soft drink were easier to carry around the ship. We re-filled our bottles of water with ship water and it weas fine to drink, it tasted great and my hubby is VERY particular about his water. One thing if you do choose to re-fill your water bottles, keep up-to-date with this as the room steward and waiters are very good at their jobs and will throw away all 'rubbish' lol.

We always drink the ship's water and find it quite OK. It is probably better than some town-supply water.

All the cabins have fridges, but they do not keep things very cold. Think of the fridge as a "cooler box". You can improve its efficiency if you can leave the cupboard door open, but that mightn't be convenient, having the layout of the cabin in mind. We usually keep ice in the icebucket in the fridge and keep our bottle of wine in that. The only problem with the icebucket is that there isn't room to put more than one item in it at a time. I have thought about packing an empty 4lt icecream container in my luggage (packed full of undies etc) and put our drinks in ice in this container in the fridge(without the lid).

I'm sorry I don't remember what type of tv we had, even hubby can't remember. I took note of so many things .... I did take a lot of photos, but unfortunately my SD card was faulty, this is for a new camera purchased just for the cruise. I should have packed a spare (yes I had one) but didn't. The photo people on board were really helpful but didn't have the SD card I needed., and then we didn't make it to port villa, so I was left with only being able to take 14 photos that the camera would hold. Note to self use your new camera ALOT before taking it on holidays!!!

Archived