Freedom OTS with a 2-year-old?

Hi, as you can see from my siggy I have a variety of past cruises, though my most recent experiences were on Carnival. My January 2013 cruise was with my daughter (her first cruise), and since she wasn't quite old enough for the Carnival kids' club, we found at-sea days to be especially boring with a kiddo in tow.

So now I need the help of the RCCL groupies. :) We are looking at a Western Caribbean cruise next January on Freedom OTS or a similar route/same week on Carnival Dream. After my last cruise, I said I was through with Carnival. Nothing wrong with them--I just think my family has "outgrown" what they have to offer. My one experience with RCCL (Adventure OTS in 2007) was outstanding. Going by amenities, food, entertainment, ship, etc., Freedom OTS wins, hands-down. However--and this is kind of a big however--my daughter will still be 2 next January. So, not old enough for RCCL's kid camp program, but old enough for Carnival's.

Can you tell me what kind of activities are available for the under-3 set on Freedom OTS? I don't mind paying the hourly rate, but is it just babysitting? Or are there activities? Is it something she could go to for 3-4 hours a day, or is it to be used more like an evening babysitting service? In other words, convince me to take Freedom OTS over Carnival Dream! I'm *so* ready for a change, but the kid camp availability is suuuure tempting!

The Royal Tots accepts kids under three, but you do have to pay. I have heard great things about the program, but you may want to post on the family forum. You may find someone with recent experience with Freedom's program.

We always have to use the royal babies and tots nursery since our kids are under 3. It is fabulous. Sponsored by crayola and fisher price the room is fabulous for them. It is $6 a day and the actual nursery is new to Freedom so it is probably even better than other ships. They take them to puppet shows, do stories, arts and crafts and feed them. They also change diapers too! Last, you can rent gender /age specific fisher price toys to take to your room. About 5 things in a bag. When your child gets bored a day later, you can bring them back and swap them out. Starting at 10pm, pricing bumps to $8 an hr until 2am if y'all decide to let them sleep there to have a night out for a bit. Due to the nursery, we won't cruise any other line. It is that good. Oh, and make sure to pick up the adventure ocean cruise compass for the nursery. They will have a few mommy/daddy and me play groups like finger painting, fisher price gymnastics, etc.

We always have to use the royal babies and tots nursery since our kids are under 3. It is fabulous. Sponsored by crayola and fisher price the room is fabulous for them. It is $6 a day and the actual nursery is new to Freedom so it is probably even better than other ships. They take them to puppet shows, do stories, arts and crafts and feed them. They also change diapers too! Last, you can rent gender /age specific fisher price toys to take to your room. About 5 things in a bag. When your child gets bored a day later, you can bring them back and swap them out. Starting at 10pm, pricing bumps to $8 an hr until 2am if y'all decide to let them sleep there to have a night out for a bit. Due to the nursery, we won't cruise any other line. It is that good. Oh, and make sure to pick up the adventure ocean cruise compass for the nursery. They will have a few mommy/daddy and me play groups like finger painting, fisher price gymnastics, etc.

I've not got any small children but that sounds awesome !!

Archived