Pre-purchase OBC

Where do I go to pre-purchase an OBC for one of my reservations? I thought it was in the pre-cruise planner, but I didn't see it there.

Thanks,

You can't purchase OBC online, without jumping through hoops and using gift certificates. Better just to call Royal at 800-722-5443 and tell them you want to purchase OBC.

SandraLee, I would suggest requesting a receipt of your OBC purchase and taking it on board with you, just in case. Also, any left over credit is fully refundable prior to disembarking from your cruise, just go to Guest Services.

Is it something that can be done at check in at the port?

No, they don't deal with money at check-in. However, you can go to Guest Services once you board and give them money anytime.

No, they don't deal with money at check-in. However, you can go to Guest Services once you board and give them money anytime.

....and that's what I do. I don't collect points or anything like that, so my OB account is always a cash one.

If one phones to 'order' OBC before the cruise...would said OBC appear right away on one's ship account? Most typical OBCs don't show up for a day or two. I think it's a great idea to pre-pay the OBC, and avoid the Guest Services line-up.

I must say...on my recent April Mariner OTS cruise...the GS line went very quickly all the time. They did their utmost to minimize wait times.

:D

Archived