excursions

samom

Please advise as to where on CC to find out about both the Oceana and booking own excursions. I looked at the forum devoted to excursions but want the opinions of those traveling on the same ship ( Riviera) and sailing. It seems people in their ship reviews were not always kind to the cruiseline excursions but also did not mention the name of their private tour operators. We are specifically interested in day passes at resorts.

In CC there is another set of forums called Roll Calls. This is where pax on the same sailing meet and exchange information, arrange tours, etc

Sometimes it takes a little poking around to find the Roll Call for your sailing. They are in separate boards for each ship and the subject line of the thread should include your sailing date and such but an be a little cryptic when not clearly spelled out.

Please advise as to where on CC to find out about both the Oceana and booking own excursions. I looked at the forum devoted to excursions but want the opinions of those traveling on the same ship ( Riviera) and sailing. It seems people in their ship reviews were not always kind to the cruiseline excursions but also did not mention the name of their private tour operators. We are specifically interested in day passes at resorts.

To find out about private excursions being arranged by your fellow cruise critic members that are on your sailing you would go to your specific Roll Call. Another excellent place to explore excursions being offered for a specific locale is Tripadvisor. Day passes at a resort is another whole ball game. You may go to your Roll Call as well as to the area of the world you will be in on the Cruise Critic forums.

If you give us the date and ship you are on someone will undoubtedly give you a direct link to that roll call. Lot's of good samaritans who love to share their love of cruising and of Oceania.

Roll calls are @

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Look for the ship then the sailing date

Ports of call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Oceania excursions

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/exploreashore/default.aspx

Thanks for the information. I will keep looking. I am sailing on the Riviera on February 12th out of Miami for the 10 day cruise which goes to St Lucia, Barbados, St. Barts, Tortolla, and Antigua. In the past I have called the resorts directly which still may be a good idea. I have not been to these islands which is why I sought the advice from fellow cruisers.

Thanks for the information. I will keep looking. I am sailing on the Riviera on February 12th out of Miami for the 10 day cruise which goes to St Lucia, Barbados, St. Barts, Tortolla, and Antigua. In the past I have called the resorts directly which still may be a good idea. I have not been to these islands which is why I sought the advice from fellow cruisers.

Tortola you can do an Island tour from the dock it was $20 USD when we did it in 2011

St Lucia there are a couple of guides that are recommended I would check the port boards

I never made it to Barbados but had booked a tour of the chocolate factory near the dock..let me know I will post the site if interested...you need to prebook

Lyn

We sailed on Regatta in Nov 2011 and one of the ports we visited was Antigua. We booked with an independent guy who has a web site (Gordon was his name; try Antigua tour operators in Google and you might find him). He quoted us $100 for one couple, $80 each couple for 2. Another couple joined us for the tour. Gordon warned us that when we walked off the dock others would try to "steal" us. He was more than right. You will be swarmed by hustlers on this dock. We ignored them, even the guy who said Gordon had gone home sick and found him right where he said he would be. The tour was 5.5 hours and was so good I gave him the $80 plus another $20. If you would like more specifics I would be happy to elaborate.

Archived