Deluxe gty

you are guaranteed at least a JR. you could also get...

Grand suite, owner suite, royal family suite, crown loft suite, aqua theater suite, sky loft suite, presidential family suite, royal suite, or royal loft suite.

Done two W guarantees (not Oasis class) gotten a JR both times.

Just noticed something odd about booking GTY W and hopefully someone can answer this question.

Looking at a GTY W on Oasis and can only book for two adults.

When we add our two kids (2 adults & 2 kids) GTY W does not show as a booking option.

Is there some reason for that?

A suite is a great family option and GTY W seems like a great way to go.

Just noticed something odd about booking GTY W and hopefully someone can answer this question.

When we add our two kids (2 adults & 2 kids) GTY W does not show as a booking option.

The reason is that not all JSs can hold more than 2 people.

I have had this on a few guarantee bookings. Being a guarantee which is cheaper they may want you to book 2 rooms to boost the price up. Quite often in checking prices of sailings that are reduced it is cheaper to book 2 cabins as opposed to one with 4 in it.

You will get at least a JS, and maybe better. We've done 3 "W" bookings (none on Oasis) and gotten 2 JS and 1 GS staterooms.

that is nice to know. We have a JS guarantee right now so would that equate to something better than a JS on the BOS??

selling gty cabins gives the cruiseline flexibility. Since some cabins only hold two, offering gty for two maximizes that flexibility.

Ok update I booked the W GTY and on RCCL website it says JS GTY so I guess that's what im getting.

We booked the same category. It was at a very good price. As long as I get a JS at a good price I'll be happy...if they assign me something better then it is icing on the cake.

Ok update I booked the W GTY and on RCCL website it says JS GTY so I guess that's what im getting.

keep checking...someday a cabin assignment is apt to appear. Expect a JS, but know there is a chance of an upgrade.

FWIW, from our W booking on Oasis last fall, we got a Crown Loft. We were thrilled and enjoyed every minute.

selling gty cabins gives the cruiseline flexibility. Since some cabins only hold two, offering gty for two maximizes that flexibility.

Yes. A GTY can not be booked for any category for more than 2 people. Did some more reservation scenarios and a phone call to reservations.

Yes. A GTY can not be booked for any category for more than 2 people. Did some more reservation scenarios and a phone call to reservations.

once in a great while a poster here on CC reports finding a gty that will allow 3/4 booking. As I believe those poster, it must be offered once in great while. still, in general, gty's are for two.

once in a great while a poster here on CC reports finding a gty that will allow 3/4 booking. As I believe those poster, it must be offered once in great while. still, in general, gty's are for two.

Good to know. I will call again in couple days. You never know.

Guarantees for 3 or 4 are about as rare as for 1. And RC doesn't have the excuse of "not enough berths" for one.

:(

We are three and booked a junior suite guarantee. I had no idea that it wasn't common. For what it's worth, we sail on the 30th and still haven't recieved a room assignment. Hearing that GTYs are generally only for two people have me a bit worried now.

We are three and booked a junior suite guarantee. I had no idea that it wasn't common. For what it's worth, we sail on the 30th and still haven't recieved a room assignment. Hearing that GTYs are generally only for two people have me a bit worried now.

I would look at it this way, if they haven't already assigned you a room, the chances are they may not have a 3 person JS available, so they may upgrade someone in a 3 person JS, to suite and give you their room, or they may upgrade you to a full suite, i think the closer it gets to sailing, the better chances you have of being upgraded

Archived