Cost of gift shop liquor bottles

Valchie

Does anyone recall noticing the cost of Grand Marnier in the gift shop, on the Dawn in particular? I remember last year thinking that it was a good price, but now I just don't remember what it was...thanks.

I guess you have the answer to that question but you may want to check prices on the islands, depending on what cruise you are taking. We have found, generally the prices are cheaper on the islands. Of course if you are doing NEw England, Canada or Europe this may not be the case. We have also pretty much decided, unless it is a really awesome deal, it isn't worth the hassle anymore to bring it back: DAMN!! We used to love going to St Thomas and buying as much as we could carry. That was in the days prior to airline restrictions.

I don't know if all the ships have been changed to the new retail supplier but when we were on the Epic a couple years they had a new supplier who had signs up that they would match price of dutyfree shops in port, just bring proof.

So while in St Thomas at the pier we saw vodka $5 cheaper (forget what label) so we took a picture of it and went to ship dutyfree showed the pic and they matched the price.

Thanks Nita and Sailing...I feel the same about the hassle unless it's a terrific price. I was asking because a friend is sailing the Dawn out of Boston tomorrow, and she was willing to tote a couple of bottles home for me, but I can't justify the inconvenience to her if the savings is just a few bucks. I thought I remembered something ridiculous like 2/$40 or 2/$48..now that would be worth it...but $40 each...nah, I'll just shop myself. Thanks everyone, though.

On NCL are the gift shop liquor purchases strictly "delivery on last evening" YES or can you take to cabin immediately? NO

Just imagine the lines at the gift shop if you could take it with you when you buy it!

Archived