Newbie Question about dinner....

Delpha

I've been reading and reading, and I'm still terribly confused about dinner. :confused: I'm sure I read somewhere here that if you want something that is being served in another dining area on the same night you could order it. Now I can't find that thread....am I dreaming this? or is this correct?

My dh is a hamburger and pizza kind of guy, but I'm most certainly not. ;) I've been looking forward to being able to eat some real food.

Like I said, I'm terribly confused and would love some advice.....Thanks in advance.

If you are at the main dinning room you can order two or more of whatever is on the menu. Also if you don't like anything on the menu you can always just order a steak. If your wanting Pizza and Hamburgers you can go to the casual dinning room and get that there any time of the day (pizza).

DH and I have the same arguments so we compromise on which nights we go to the main dinning area.

Good luck! It's all good no matter where you eat!

Tammy

I'm not sure by what u mean "another dining area" -do u mean the buffet?

If u want pizza or a hamburger (it is also on the kids menu every nite) u can definately order it in the main dining room as did my 14 year old on some nites. In the dining room each nite is a new menu with about 5 different entrees on it. If u don't like anything on this menu you can order a steak or chicken. Hope this helps.

Honestly, I probably do mean the buffet area, but I'm not sure......having never been on a cruise ship. :confused: I'm sorry if I'm not making much sense. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around everything I've learned here. ;) Thank you for trying to help me.....

I've been reading and reading, and I'm still terribly confused about dinner. :confused: I'm sure I read somewhere here that if you want something that is being served in another dining area on the same night you could order it. Now I can't find that thread....am I dreaming this? or is this correct?

My dh is a hamburger and pizza kind of guy, but I'm most certainly not. ;) I've been looking forward to being able to eat some real food.

Like I said, I'm terribly confused and would love some advice.....Thanks in advance.

Just ask for the kids menu for your hubby. Mine is a PITA eater as well, so I figure he can eat off the kids menu like my boys will be. If all else fails, DH and the 3 year old can got the buffet, and I will take the 4 year old to the dining room. That boy can eat, and he will try anything :)

Most of the newer ships will let you order Hamburgers and Hot dogs and Pizza also in the main dinning room.. Also they have Mac & Cheese.. And pretty darn good too!!

My daughter 27 years old is a very picky eater.. Mosty of the time she orders off the kids menu. They have NO PROBLEM!!!!!

Your DH should really try the dining room; it is an experience in itself to eat there. As others have posted, if he can't find something he likes on the menu he can always order a steak or chicken (or from the kids menu). He can also wander up to the buffet after dinner and get something to eat up there, I seldom hear about anyone ever going hungry on a cruise.

If you're cruising on Carnival assure your DH that there is a 24 hour pizza bar in the Lido deck area, and he can also order items like BLT's 24 hours a day from room service. I've found the complete room service and dining room menus here on CC so if you do a search you should be able to find them listed.

And, Delpha, by the second or third night, the waiter will probably know your DH is a picky eater and be ready to place the steak order for him. And he or she won't need to ask how to prepare it. ;)

Delpha, welcome to the boards. I know it all sounds confusing at first, but stick around and you'll learn all there is to know before you board the ship! Then you can impress your family with your 'wisdom'.:D

Ask any questions you might have. Somebody here will have an answer.

Thank you all for your great advice! I appreciate it VERY much! :D

My DH is a very picky eater and a real "pizza and burgers" kind of guy, and I was sort of worried about how he'd manage in the dining room. He was surprisingly adventurous and ordered off the normal menu (usually whatever beef/steak dish was on that night!). Of course he had a hot dog and fries every day for lunch! :D But he enjoyed the "normal" meals for dinner very much.

The 24 hour pizzeria was great and we both enjoyed a pre-dinner snack there in the evenings (had the late sitting and needed a little something around 5:30ish).

I'll be on the Sensation 8/13/05. :D

And yes, my dh is definitely a hamburger/pizza/hotdog kind of guy. I've been trying for 5 years to get him to take me out to a nice restaurant and it only happened once, and he wouldn't eat anything because they didn't have hamburgers on the menu. :rolleyes: We're going for our 5th anniversary - leaving the kids behind - and I want to have FUN (read - not argue with dh about anything esp not dinner) and still get to eat lots of good food.

Just let him know he can darn near eat hamburgers 24/7 on board (I think they may be available via room service, but not sure), just to give you the 90 or so minutes a day in the dining room for dinner. :)

My hubby and I have the same problem...

I love eating in the dining room my hubby hates it but he goes anyway... He hates the dinner entrees he only eats pizza and penne pasta..

They usually have pizzas and burgers on hand.. Believe me I know....

I think its from the kids menu... LOL

Archived