Comedy Brunch

We experienced the brunch on the Miracle, early last December. It seemed to us that the comedians made no attempt to entertain. Their very brief appearance was only to introduce them and promote the evening show (s). That was fine with us. The brunch is good!

Gina

Per John Heald on Facebook today it seems as if they might be discussing doing away with the comedian performances during the brunch -- keeping the menu, but ditching the forced "hilarity".

Thumbs up IMO.

Is that this Gerry guy already making changes?

I love the brunch menu, love the time frame, and didn't care one way or the other about the comedians. It wasn't long enough to be a bother, but I didn't really see the point other than to introduce the comedian and invite guests to the show that evening.

I love the brunch menu, love the time frame, and didn't care one way or the other about the comedians. It wasn't long enough to be a bother, but I didn't really see the point other than to introduce the comedian and invite guests to the show that evening.

Precisely. It's not a bother, but it's just not good. The food, however, is excellent. :)

This is welcome news. Maybe now I can be served and enjoy a second cup of coffee because the wait teams will no longer be directed to stop serving the brunch during annoying these interruptions.

I don't recall the service being stopped during the "performance" - when we were on the Breeze in February. :confused:

Per John Heald on Facebook today it seems as if they might be discussing doing away with the comedian performances during the brunch -- keeping the menu, but ditching the forced "hilarity".

Thumbs up IMO.

Do we think this applies to all ships?? Effective when?? :confused:

I don't recall the service being stopped during the "performance" - when we were on the Breeze in February. :confused:

You were lucky. Service has always been suspended during our brunches on CCL. Perhaps they phased this out after the roll out of the program. I hope so.

Food is good and I enjoyed the good comedians. Had an excellent one on the Glory last week (Percy Crews 2) and attended all of his shows. The other one (Ron ??) was forgettable and his shows were sparsely attended. However, I probably won't miss the comedy. :)

We experienced the brunch on the Miracle, early last December. It seemed to us that the comedians made no attempt to entertain. Their very brief appearance was only to introduce them and promote the evening show (s). That was fine with us. The brunch is good!

Gina

Exactly! I would hardly call it a Comedy Brunch. The food was worth it though and for that, I would do it over and over again!

That is a good thing. Most times there is conversation at the table and they come on and tell not so good jokes, it is an intrusion.

Our last cruise we were finally seated where we could see him. Big intro (the usually), he comes out, a few words and then he picks a woman from the table next to us, and hands here a 3 X 5 card with a joke written on it - she is instructed to read the joke. He then picked two more people and did the same - then it was over.

People taken from their meal to read jokes on a card - believe me, it is no loss

Archived