Wyndham French Quarter

ski_mom

Travelzoo has a deal on the Wyndham French Quarter on Royal Street.

Would this be a decent location. We are planning on getting into New Orleans on a Friday and sailing out on Sunday, so we will be staying somewhere to explore the city for 2 days before we leave on the cruise.

Couldn't find many opinions on here for this hotel, so thought I'd see if anyone has stayed here.

thanks!

Would this be a decent location. We are planning on getting into New Orleans on a Friday and sailing out on Sunday, so we will be staying somewhere to explore the city for 2 days before we leave on the cruise.

Couldn't find many opinions on here for this hotel, so thought I'd see if anyone has stayed here.

thanks!

Hotels.com has that hotel during our booked cruise for $233 per night, and I'm so glad that I saw your post because I'd deleted my travelzoo email and went back to find it and book it. It's a heck of a deal.

I have this hotel booked for my up coming cruise on November 3, 2013, I called and booked directly with them for 179 plus tax for the 2nd and there is a Saints game on the 3rd. I asked a friend who was raised in New Orleans and she said it was safe and not to carry a large purse out with you. So I am planning to sight see and be in before late anyway.

Lisa

thanks!

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times when it was still the Holiday Inn FQ. (Wyndham recently bought it) The 124 Royal St. Location is great in my opinion. It is one block from Bourbon Street and one block or so from the trolley stop.

When I stayed there parking was around $26 a day and is in their parking garage. I hear it may be $30 now.

The Holiday Inn staff sucked and basically didn't care. Cannot speak for Wyndham. Rooms can vary quite a bit. If you get to your room and hate it, go down and ask for another room.

If you are in by 10 or so you won't deal much with the panhandlers. After 10, they will be out but are a friendly bunch and not pushy. Personally, they don't bother me and I never felt uncomfortable around the hotel.

Also, be prepared for people drinking, smoking, swearing, celebrating, and generally having a good time right out the front door of the hotel. It is FQ New Orleans after all.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Archived