Accessible port excursions

rhy930

It is very depressing to go on a wonderful ship and not be able to enjoy the ports. There is no consideration for people with wheel chairs or mobility scooters like myself.

The people in the excursion department haven't been helpful at all. I've been told I couldn't take my scooter, and then found another scooter was on the bus, sadly this happened on Celebrity and Princess as well.

Many of your travelers have issues due to age and it is time to consider us.

Like I said, I love the ship, the accessible cabins are wonderful.

Thank you,

Roberta Hyman

It is very depressing to go on a wonderful ship and not be able to enjoy the ports. There is no consideration for people with wheel chairs or mobility scooters like myself.

The people in the excursion department haven't been helpful at all. I've been told I couldn't take my scooter, and then found another scooter was on the bus, sadly this happened on Celebrity and Princess as well.

Many of your travelers have issues due to age and it is time to consider us.

Like I said, I love the ship, the accessible cabins are wonderful.

Thank you,

Roberta Hyman

I sympathise with your situation Roberta.

On my recent Quest cruise I had a knee problem and was invited to go to our Azamazing Evening with those who have mobility problems.

While I must admit I saw no scooters on board, I was impressed and touched by the care and consideration given to those passengers in wheelchairs and to others who needed a little extra help. Similar assistance was given when we had to tender into port.:mad:

I am sorry that you didn't receive the same treatment.

Saw lots of wheelchairs and scooters on our Baltic cruise on Quest last year. Both on the ship and in the ports. Maybe it depends on the ports? You don't give us many details, Roberta, so I'm not sure what help we can give.

I sympathise with your situation Roberta.

On my recent Quest cruise I had a knee problem and was invited to go to our Azamazing Evening with those who have mobility problems.

While I must admit I saw no scooters on board, I was impressed and touched by the care and consideration given to those passengers in wheelchairs and to others who needed a little extra help. Similar assistance was given when we had to tender into port.:mad:

I am sorry that you didn't receive the same treatment.

Please don't misunderstand me, the treatment on board was wonderful! But the availability of Shore excursions was minimal. I'm booking shore excursions privately this trip Oct 8th Journey Holyland, to avoid the problem. I just wanted to call the cruiseline's attention to the problem.

Archived