How to Transfer a Reservation to TA?

suncityga

We are looking to transfer a current reservation booked directly with Celebrity to a Travel Agent.

Is anyone familiar with how the transfer process works with Celebrity?

We have seen previous postings that the transfer must be made within 60 days of the original booking... is that still correct?

Thank you. :)

We are looking to transfer a current reservation booked directly with Celebrity to a Travel Agent.

Is anyone familiar with how the transfer process works with Celebrity?

We have seen previous postings that the transfer must be made within 60 days of the original booking... is that still correct?

Thank you. :)

We just click this link to get the transfer form

Celebrity Cruises Booking Transfer Form

which we download, fill out and email to the travel agent, who handles the transfer.

We have done it this way with a number of different travel agents for different cruises, and it is always quick and easy.

No need to bother with printing or faxing the form.

Some travel agents will arrange the transfer if you just give them your reservation number and do not even require you to submit any transfer form at all, but others do require a transfer form.

I just did this and had to fax the forms in 3 times before it got done. It also cancelled my old booking numbers and assigned new booking numbers. My original bookings on My celebrity showed cancelled but the new ones had to be added manually. My promo 123 drink package also dropped off and the TA had to call them to get it added back.

I just did this and had to fax the forms in 3 times before it got done. It also cancelled my old booking numbers and assigned new booking numbers. My original bookings on My celebrity showed cancelled but the new ones had to be added manually. My promo 123 drink package also dropped off and the TA had to call them to get it added back.
Yes, that is similar to what happened when we tried faxing our first transfer form too, and we have since learned of others who also encountered frustrating problems when they tried to fax them.

Ever since then, if a transfer form is needed we simply email it directly to the TA instead of trying to fax it - never a problem.

But as WestLakeGirl says, some TAs just ask for your booking number and you don't even need a transfer form at all.

Having only booked through a TA in the past, I am wondering the reasons people transfer. What are the benefits?
After you book a cruise, you have 60 days to shop around and take your time comparing offers from different TAs before you transfer the booking to whichever TA you select.

The benefits of transferring the booking to a TA are the perks they give you. Some offer much better deals than others, which is why we find it worthwhile taking the time to compare them.

The perks you receive from the TA are in addition to whatever perks you receive from the cruise line.

We chose our last TA because they offered us over $700 in prepaid gratuities and vouchers for meals in specialty restaurants and spa treatments.

We knew they were reliable and hassle free to deal with, since we had used them before.

One of the features we liked about the company was knowing that if we called when our regular agent was busy or not available, we could speak with someone else who would take care of whatever we needed right away (such as applying a price drop or a stateroom change), so we did not need to leave a message and wait for someone to get back to us.

Once the TA receives your transfer is it considered a new booking? Thanks!
No, the booking date remains the date that you originally book the cruise.

Archived