My My...what an error I found

I was on the Zuiderdam 6/11 Eastern Caribbean Cruise - got to looking at the cruise log and it's WAY...WAY off. It shows us arriving at the right ports, but it apparently has the WESTERN Caribbean log...For example...it shows us leaving HMC at 4:24 on 6/12 and commencing our voyage to Grand Cayman. On 6/14 it shows we stopped at Tortola, but....at 6:23 the first tender going ashore, which is really odd because we didn't tender at Tortola. Then we departed at 4:06 to Costa Maya (ship didn't leave Tortola until much later) and arriving in St Thomas at 10:00 am (we got to St Thomas at 7:00). The whole thing has the EASTERN stops but the WESTERN itinerary. Any other Zuiderdam cruisers on 6/11 notice this?

You think that is bad---The Prinsendam was to go up the Oninoca River Dec 2 for 16 days in 2006--they canceled it once. It came back up so we reserved a room when it came up again. Got the reservation through our TA...Guess what---canceled again and they returned our deposit. I am still trying to find out what the Prinsendam is doing for 16 days after Dec 2 of 2006 till their Dec 22 (I think) Holiday Cruise. Even the HAL reps don't know what is going on. I don't think they will have the Prinsendam running around off of Fl. for 16 days. (Not sure--but after the Holiday cruise she is to go in for her dry dock before the around the world cruise). Anyway - we just book a Zaandam Sea of Cortez and Hawaii cruise instead. Penny

Yes I noticed that the captain's summary of the cruise was entirely wrong around 1am Saturday morning and called the front desk about it, hoping they would fix it and give us another one. I really wanted it for a souvenir, but no such luck. Someone was in way too big a hurry when they did this one. :confused:

~Chris

This comes from one of the bar menus which I borrowed from the Ocean bar on the Zaandam last year (yes, I gave it back).

Wang-Wang: “Gin, Vodka, Rum, Triple sec, Scotch, Bourbon, Brandy, Orange juice, Pineapple juice.” In other words, it has just about everything in it but the kitchen sink.

If the Navigator drinks one of those his "Cruise Log" will look ... interesting to say the least.

Had similar cruise log issues on the Zaandam in March -- we were wondering if there was either new software and/or hardware for the cruise log during dry dock -- and maybe not yet debugged

I really enjoy checking the cruise log to monitor the seas, our speed, etc. I am not entirely happy when it doesn't work but it does not ruin our cruise. It was fun to watch them try to reboot the program occasionally -- unfortunately it did not completely help.

GrammyPl

Thanks for the heads up on the Prinsendam and the Orinoco River cruise. We did that cruise on the Rotterdam and loved it. Sorry you aren't going to be able to enjoy that cruise. The Rotterdam cruise we were on in 2003 was the last one that HAL did until this one was offered in 2006.

We also are trying to find out what happened to the Prinsendam on Dec. 6, 2006. Is it possible they are going to drydock her early? If not, I would love to take a 7 or 10 day Caribbean trip. I have been dying to sail on the Prinsendam but am unable to take longer than 10 days. Does anyone know what the plan is? The HAL reps say they don't know. How could HAL not know what they are going to do with a cruise ship? Could someone have chartered her?

We also are trying to find out what happened to the Prinsendam on Dec. 6, 2006. Is it possible they are going to drydock her early? If not, I would love to take a 7 or 10 day Caribbean trip. I have been dying to sail on the Prinsendam but am unable to take longer than 10 days. Does anyone know what the plan is? The HAL reps say they don't know. How could HAL not know what they are going to do with a cruise ship? Could someone have chartered her?

My guess would be a drydock. There was a thread just after the first of the year where the OP was ranting and raving about how bad everything on the Prinsendam was and how it should have been drydocked BEFORE her expensive holiday cruise instead of AFTER. Maybe HAL is taking her advice.:rolleyes:

I know that the schedule for 2007 world cruise was to be finalized about Mid May and hopefully published about July 15. If a decision has been made to use the Prinsendam for a second world cruise or some long cruises to compliment the world cruise, a drydock would probably be in order. By drydocking in early December, the post drydock bugs could be worked out before the start of long cruises.

Grumpy

Archived