Formal dinners

emmaco

When there is 2 formal dinners on a cruise is the Captain's welcome dinner more dressier than the 2 nd (Formal) dinner night?

Thanks in advance!

Depends on which line and which ship. On many ships where the passengers tend to ignore the dress code, the second formal night is difinetely less formal as many of those who did follow the code the first time around decide to chuck it the second time so as not to be all dressed up with nowhere to go.

The best thing to do is to wear your tightest formal wear on the first formal night and leave your loosest formal wear for the last formal night. If you do it the other way around - after all that wonder cruise food available 24 hours a day, you might have to wear the same thing both nights!

I always wear the same thing on all formal nights--a tuxedo. On our last cruise, I went with classic black tie and cummerbund for Christmas Eve and switched to a silver one for New Year's Eve. I also wore dressier studs on Christmas Eve.

Archived