Planned New Builds - NCL and RCI gearing up!!

Tom-n-Cheryl

Perhaps Carnival isn't ordering more ships because they are thinking where are they going to place those ships and is there going to be berthing room for the ships. Also, the ports they go to, they would have to diversify and start going to a variety of different ports with more ships.

It would be nice to have a new ship every year or two, but financially do they want to take the risk.

The author needs to contract with a professional proofreader or editor. Articles with that many spelling and grammar mistakes can not be taken seriously.

Are you not grasping the historical message in the article ????

Do you allocate your time parsing informative articles for spelling and grammar errors ?

What a waste !!!!!

Are you not grasping the historical message in the article ????

Do you allocate your time parsing informative articles for spelling and grammar errors ?

What a waste !!!!!

Historical message? It's a fluff piece about a cruise line.

I do pay attention to spelling and grammar. If the writer didn't care enough to at least run spell check, why do I want to spend my valuable time reading it? You're right. The article was a waste.

Perhaps Carnival isn't ordering more ships because they are thinking where are they going to place those ships and is there going to be berthing room for the ships. Also, the ports they go to, they would have to diversify and start going to a variety of different ports with more ships.

It would be nice to have a new ship every year or two, but financially do they want to take the risk.

I agree. Carnival needs to start seriously looking at Asia as a new cruise market. The Asian cruise market is booming right now and Carnival would be wise to move one of their ships from the US to Asia at least part of the year.

End of conversation. You are answering your own question by altering the statements.

Carnival is selling their cabins at the prices they decide are appropriate.

Actually, the market sets the prices. People are willing to pay a certain amount for a Carnival cruise but not the same price for a Royal cruise. Just like I will wouldn't be willing to pay for Broadway to put on a production of a show with the same quality of my local high school putting on the same production.

Historical message? It's a fluff piece about a cruise line.

I do pay attention to spelling and grammar. If the writer didn't care enough to at least run spell check, why do I want to spend my valuable time reading it? You're right. The article was a waste.

I didn't say the article was a waste !!!! I hope you understand !!:rolleyes:

I didn't say the article was a waste !!!! I hope you understand !!:rolleyes:

I think your weave is affecting your thought process. Maybe go with an American weave. Just lookin out for ya

Actually, the market sets the prices. People are willing to pay a certain amount for a Carnival cruise but not the same price for a Royal cruise. Just like I will wouldn't be willing to pay for Broadway to put on a production of a show with the same quality of my local high school putting on the same production.

Actually Carnival sets the prices and even restricts travel agents from discounting. If the cruise isn't selling well enough, in Carnival's opinion, they can adjust pricing as they see fit. It's not a swap meet or a garage sale. In some markets there is no competition.

I agree. Carnival needs to start seriously looking at Asia as a new cruise market. The Asian cruise market is booming right now and Carnival would be wise to move one of their ships from the US to Asia at least part of the year.

I think the Asian market has different ship requirements than other Carnival markets including Australia.

Don’t Sarge and Swedish almost talk alike, or are they very good friends. Really makes you wonder.

Not to me. I am 100% sure they are not the same person. SS understand Carnival and basic business concepts. He loves Carnival thats all.

They dont sound anything alike to me.

Not to me. I am 100% sure they are not the same person. SS understand Carnival and basic business concepts. He loves Carnival thats all.

They dont sound anything alike to me.

Clear, concise, to the point, and 100% accurate. Thank you for your honesty. :)

I also own and run successful businesses I have founded. Zero debt. No need to *beg/negotiate* financing, I pay cash. :p

Actually Carnival sets the prices and even restricts travel agents from discounting. If the cruise isn't selling well enough, in Carnival's opinion, they can adjust pricing as they see fit. It's not a swap meet or a garage sale. In some markets there is no competition.

Thank you for agreeing with me. If the cruise isn't selling at $699pp, they aren't going to let it sit there at that price. It is going to be repriced at a point that will sell. Same if a cruise is selling, they will increase price.

Are they planning on a rename/drydock for the Triumph as well now?

Tom

I think that Carnival is done with re naming ships within the same brand cruise line because they now realize that the Sunshine will always be linked to the Destiny. I believe it will take a long time before the Destiny/Sunshine association is diminished. I say diminished because the association will never go away completely...

Archived