Why I Chose Carnival and Won't Do It Again

Blk_Amish

My upcoming cruise will be my third. My first two were with my husband and we really enjoyed them but didn't really party too much. This cruise will be with my 29 year old niece who is convinced that her 56 year old Aunt who likes to think she is 30 again will be a partying fool! Oh good Lord help me! I will give it my best shot but do anticipate some some muscles and joints!

I just have to remember that Advil is my friend.

Wow...I still can do most things and I am over 50!

I think it might be the case of the brain of a 20 year old in the body of a almost 50 year old plus getting the chance to enjoy activities of younger years gone by. I love dancing but dropping like it hot every night until 2 am, then eating pizza might not have been the best idea. While having FUN, why not test the tolerance for alcohol. Good news on that, I have gotten better with age. This was my first cruise at this 'age' knocking on 50s door. Now I know 50 and possible over da hill, NOT:D

Maybe I should focus on age appropriate activities, 50 and heading ova da hill because my body is screaming foul:D!

Isn't 50 (or is it 60?) the new 30? We are mid 50 and almost 60 and still love the energy of Carnival, you don't have to actually participate in all the activities, but some of them make for great people watching!

You made my day, Blk_Amish.

By the way, how did you come up with your CC name? Just curious.

First, Breaking Amish was already taken by the TV show. I am Caribbean but my in-laws are originally from Lancaster PA, Amish as Amish gets, background anyway:D.

I am glad you enjoyed the report since I don't usually do trip reports. Let's face it, my favorite restaurant has coupon in the Sunday paper. So what am I going to say, the steak in the MDR pales in comparison to that at Outback Steak House. I can't be that much of a foodie if I am expecting the same well prepared meal as my other 3,000 closest friends on the ship. I struggle to get meals on my table for 4 and no one dare send it back or even ask what it is. After all they have a one in four chances of guessing what's on the place: fish, chicken, pork or beef so eat up. Maybe, the entertainment in the high school auditorium was better or compared to me the ship is old. No, compare to the ship, I am ancient. As for ports, I think it's the absolutely worse way to get introduced to anywhere, especially in the Caribbean. If there is something in a country of true interest I plan a land vacation to see it for days or weeks, not just hours. So ports are mostly for picture opportunity, ok drinking, or shopping.

The energy of Carnival rocks, it just me who didn't after awhile. I simply dropped , popped, and finally stopped.

I am there:D I got home on the verge of crying with my face grimaced in pain but somehow I managed to smile and whisper the words, Yes Carnival is Fun.

The activities were FUN, my excess and old bones made them painful. I had an amazing Cove Balcony, so I could have safely sat and watched the world go by. Carnival is a go, go go type cruise and I went, went, went without much thought. Fifty is hitting hard and I now know I am not the person/partier I used to be. As with most of my trips, age is starting to take its toll. I will never stick to one cruise line or vacation type, but I might start to acknowledge my limits. If I drop it like it's hot, I might need someone to pick it back up for me or a chiropractor to straighten it out.

OMG...now that really made me laugh! Thanks for posting about your experience on Carnival!

Archived