Nuremberg Tour Choice Question

Live4cruises

I’m posting this on both the River Cruise forum and the River Cruise Ports forum.

We have tour choices in Nuremberg that include World War II sites and a tour of the Audi factory. I’m doing the War sites, but DH is torn between my tour and the Audi factory. I am wondering who has done the Audi tour, or both tours, and what your thoughts are? I consider DH to be an “average” car buff for a man - interested, but not fanatical. He is also an engineer, so interested in manufacturing facilities.

Thank you for any input!

I’m posting this on both the River Cruise forum and the River Cruise Ports forum.

We have tour choices in Nuremberg that include World War II sites and a tour of the Audi factory. I’m doing the War sites, but DH is torn between my tour and the Audi factory. I am wondering who has done the Audi tour, or both tours, and what your thoughts are? I consider DH to be an “average” car buff for a man - interested, but not fanatical. He is also an engineer, so interested in manufacturing facilities.

Thank you for any input!

I think that the Audi tour is only offered by Scenic - but I may be wrong on that.

When we were in Nuremberg 5 years ago, there was the option of the WWII tour, or the Medieval tour. I did the Medieval - DH the WWII.

He got out to the Zeppelin Field and parade grounds that are about 30 minutes outside of town. He did get to the castle - but a shorter visit. Our tour spent more time in the castle, then walked into the Old Town.

I am not sure what there is in the Audi tour that would be any different than any other car plant.... Although he would get a view - first hand - of the precision of German engineering.

Sorry I can't be of more help. We're not in Nuremberg until September - but the Audi tour isn't offered, as that is the day we get off the ship (ie: time is tight to get a tour before most passengers head off to Prague....)

Fran

Been there, done that: http://www.rivercruiseinfo.com/content/trip-report-ingolstadt-audi-museum :)

You do not get a tour through the Audi factory, but instead through the museum from the first car with a horse carriage chassis until today.

On the other side, Nuremberg's WW2 sites (the Ralley Grounds and Courtroom 600) are totally unique. So I would rather recommend these.

Or, as I wrote in my report: I think Uniworlds approach to offer the Audi Tour from Regensburg on makes more sense than Nuremberg, where Scenic guests already have 2 choices..

My 2 cents

Archived