Three hour queues at U.S. airports

Skipper Tim

There is a report in today's (UK) Sunday Times entitled "Three hour queues at US airports".

Immigration delays at American airports have become so acute that Miami International had to set up an emergency dormitory to accommodate passengers who missed connections.....

In Miami, the maximum queuing time has leapt 260% ... since last year. American Airlines has now revised its schedule to allow for longer connection times at Miami airport, which is the hub for dozens of onward flights to the Caribbean and Latin America.[/QUote]

A couple of us moaned about Miami International in another thread. It is not just the queuing, it is the way U.S. immigration officers treat arrivals as illegal immigrants - even when using Miami International just to change planes. I was last there in 2011. If it is 260% or more worse than it was - I am not going!

There is a report in today's (UK) Sunday Times entitled "Three hour queues at US airports".

A couple of us moaned about Miami International in another thread. It is not just the queuing, it is the way U.S. immigration officers treat arrivals as illegal immigrants - even when using Miami International just to change planes. I was last there in 2011. If it is 260% or more worse than it was - I am not going!

We're flying to New York in three weeks and will have to deal with this again. If it wasn't for the family ties, I would certainly take my tourist euros elsewhere.

For me Singapore is the benchmark for efficient immigration processing. No lines, super friedly and polite staff: "Take a mint while a look at your passport".

For me Singapore is the benchmark for efficient immigration processing. No lines, super friedly and polite staff: "Take a mint while a look at your passport".

You trust what's in those mints"?! :eek: :D

You trust what's in those mints"?! :eek: :D

Now I'm making the connection. I was wondering why I could only say the truth after I took them. ;-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived