hotel in Seward

betmust

I will be on the Radiance next summer and am looking for recommendations for a hotel. We did the cruisetour 5 years ago so we did the train already. Thought we would do the bus to Seaward to get the ship. I was thinking of getting the transfer thru Royal Caribbean and wondered where it left from. I am trying to plan a hotel that would be close to where the bus leaves from. I know that RC offers hotel/transfer packages but they are a little pricey. If I have to I will do that but just looking at other options also....

Thanks for any help...

The Park Connection Bus has 2 departures to Seward, as does the Seward Bus Line. Check their schedules and prices to see if they work for you.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hotel's location ... Seward is very small and a taxi to anywhere in town will only cost $7-$8.

The Holiday Inn is right next to the Small Boat Harbor, or the Best Western is at the Downtown end. Both overlook the Bay. The Bears Den B&B is close to the harbor. The town web site has a list of accomodations. www.seward.com

Will you do any sightseeing in Anchorage prior to leaving for Seward? Or will you arrive in the evening and leave first thing the next morning?

The reason I ask ... if you want to wander around Anchorage for a few hours or a day or 2, stay downtown so you have easy access to sights, activities, & shopping. Otherwise, stay near the airport at a hotel with a free shuttle and preferably b'fast. If you stay by the airport you can always catch a cab to wherever the bus departs.

Most cruisetour folks seem to stay at the Capt Cook or Marriott downtown. If you stay anywhere downtown, a cab to either hotel won't cost you more than $20. So find a hotel or B&B downtown that interests you and is in your budget. The Comfort Inn gets good reviews on this forum ... or the Wildflower Inn B&B but it's about a 10 block walk to downtown or the Copper Whale Inn is closer in. Use tripadvisor or any search engine to look at various hotel/B&B options.

How much is the RCI transfer? You might want to price other options. They might depart from midtown instead of downtown but even adding in a cab fare, you might save.

Archived