Price Drops

brooms

After I booked my cruise I noticed that the price had dropped and upon looking at my billing summary, the new price is there, but the deposit is not taken off.

I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot remember if I booked Early Saver or Super Saver, I went with the lowest price and got a reduce deposit over Past Guest price which only gave me an upgrade.. Do you have to keep tabs on the price and let Carnival or your travel agent know or will they do it automatically and what happens if the price goes up?

On past cruises I never check to see if the price went down, so this is all new to me.

Its for sure not done automatically. My PVP says she will watch, but almost every price drop I have found has been like around midnight when she is not working. She has yet to find one before I found it myself and submitted it.

My adage is no one will watch your money like you will.

After I booked my cruise I noticed that the price had dropped and upon looking at my billing summary, the new price is there, but the deposit is not taken off.

I know this sounds stupid, but I cannot remember if I booked Early Saver or Super Saver, I went with the lowest price and got a reduce deposit over Past Guest price which only gave me an upgrade.. Do you have to keep tabs on the price and let Carnival or your travel agent know or will they do it automatically and what happens if the price goes up?

On past cruises I never check to see if the price went down, so this is all new to me.

You can find out what code you booked under by looking at your confirmation e-mail. At the bottom of the e-mail, under "Guest Notes," it will state what code you are booked under. If it is Early Saver, it will say this (not in red--I added that for emphasis):

Early Saver:Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. If you find a lower cruise rate,based on the total cabin occupancy& not from the booked ancillary services,such as air,transfers,prepaid gratuities,or government taxes & fees contact your Travel Agent or www.Carnival.com. Price protection does not apply to Super Saver,Instant Saver fares,group rates,membership rates,select promotions,or travel agent promotions. Verified rate difference is issued as an onboard credit. No name changes are allowed. A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment date.

Early Saver qualifies you for price drops up until 2 days before your sail date. You have to find the price drop yourself and submit the price protection form or call your PVP if you have one. If you used a TA, all requests have to go through the TA. Carnival will not speak to you about your reservation if it's booked under a travel agent.

Price increases do not affect your price.

If you booked another rate other than Early Saver, you can still get price reductions before the final payment due date in most instances. Some of the newer fare codes (Super Saver, Instant Saver) come with more restrictions. Basically, if you could cancel your reservation with no penalty then they will price match rather than have you cancel the reservation and re-book at the lower price, but you have to call in for this (only Early Saver bookings use the price protection form).

The Early Saver price protection form can be found at this link:

http://http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

I'm not sure I know what you mean about the deposit not being taken off.

Archived