Specialty restaurants question

How much does it cost to eat there? Do you pay for the reservation plud the prices on the menu?

All depends on which one you are talking about. Izumi has cover charge and then per item. Chops has just a cover charge. Same with Samba Grill. I think the rest are the same, but haven't done them. Chops $30ea. Don't remember samba, but I think it is a little less.

How much does it cost to eat there? Do you pay for the reservation plud the prices on the menu?

Here's a fleet dining guide. The prices are still good, but some of the ships have been upgraded to include more restaurants, so that part is out of date.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/11026679_Dining_Guide.pdf

Radiance has the Chef's Table which I believe is $95 pp, Giovanni's Table Italian at $20 pp, Samba Brazilian Steakhouse at $30 pp, and Izumi Asian at $5. All of these upcharges are for dinner and are the only additional charge you would pay. The gratuity is included.

All of these venues are described on the RCI website if you go to Plan a cruise / Ships / Radiance / Dining options.

Radiance has the Chef's Table which I believe is $95 pp, Giovanni's Table Italian at $20 pp, Samba Brazilian Steakhouse at $30 pp, and Izumi Asian at $5. All of these upcharges are for dinner and are the only additional charge you would pay. The gratuity is included.

All of these venues are described on the RCI website if you go to Plan a cruise / Ships / Radiance / Dining options.

I have to dissagree with Izumi. The charge only gets you in the door, then it's by item. We ended up spending $50 for two.

Have fun!! We did Chops and Sambas on Radiance. Enjoyed both of them, but we fell in love with Chops. Now we go there every time instead of doing formal night. Chops was 30 each. We usually add 5 extra dollars each so an extra 10 dollars tip. But to answer your question, yes Chops and Sambas are just a flat rate. Those are the only two I have experienced.

I never ever thought I'd consider the pay extra venues, but now we are hooked. I had the crab cake appetizer, filet, and we selected 3 sides. And I got mud pie for dessert. It was fantastic. You can also upgrade in the main dining room and get a Chops Filet if you want. I do that too. I always ask the waiter to bring some bernaise sauce with the filet. I think that option was 15 or 17 dollars. I have forgotten.

Sambas on Radiance was good too. It had a large salad bar and I think bread balls to start. Then the meats start arriving. I skipped several meats to save room for the filet. At the time, the filet was the last meat offered. I'm not sure if it still is that way or not. I think there were about 3 desserts to pick from. I had a little chocolate cake that had layers. It was about the size of a Hostess ding dong if you are familiar with Hostess snacks.

Have fun on your cruise!!

I have to dissagree with Izumi. The charge only gets you in the door, then it's by item. We ended up spending $50 for two.

Thanks for the correction - I actually have not eaten there so wasn't aware of the a la carte process beyond the cover. That explains the low surcharge compared to the other venues.

Thanks for the correction - I actually have not eaten there so wasn't aware of the a la carte process beyond the cover. That explains the low surcharge compared to the other venues.

No problem. I'm always reluctant to correct because I'm afraid of being wrong and sounding stupid, but was just there a couple of weeks ago. It was good.

We ate in Portofinos on Adventure about 10 days ago. I think the cover charge was $25 per person. But no charge after that other than for beverages or speciality coffee. You can have more than one starter or dessert if you wish but only one main course.

We ate in Portofinos on Adventure about 10 days ago. I think the cover charge was $25 per person. But no charge after that other than for beverages or speciality coffee. You can have more than one starter or dessert if you wish but only one main course.

Portofino charges $20 per person.

Archived