Table Size

ckl001

After some help for everyone.

I will be on QE next year travelling as a Solo and was wondering what size table is the best to request. A table of 6 or 8.

I will be in Brittania on early seating.

Chez

After some help for everyone. I will be on QE next year travelling as a Solo and was wondering what size table is the best to request. A table of 6 or 8. I will be in Brittania on early seating. Chez
Either really, but an 8 seater would mean that there will still be enough people at the table to make good conversation if two passengers decide to dine elsewhere one evening. Try to suggest everyone swapping seats every night, so that everyone gets a different view and no-one feels they've got the "bad" seat. I've done this and it works well, makes for variety and you get to talk to more people/make more friends, rather than being always sat next to the same two, night after night.

Have a great time, photos of QE's interiors via the link below, Bon Voyage!

Chez,

Switch to late seating. We could dine together.:D

Good suggestion, late dining was very enjoyable. Drinks in the bar before 8:30 (and the bars are always buzzing with everyone else waiting to dine) and then you can take as long as you like for dinner because there is no sitting afterwards.

After some help for everyone.

I will be on QE next year travelling as a Solo and was wondering what size table is the best to request. A table of 6 or 8.

I will be in Brittania on early seating.

Chez

Some passengers book a table for 10 so that they can dine at a table hosted by one of the senior officers

The nights the tables are hosted, the company pay the wine bill ! :eek:

Some passengers book a table for 10 so that they can dine at a table hosted by one of the senior officers

The nights the tables are hosted, the company pay the wine bill ! :eek:

I was on a hosted table and it was set for eight. On the hosted nights it became a nine seater.

Apparently there are only four hosted tables in the Britannia Restaurant.

Yikes! 13 people! Did they add a leaf to the table, or use the regular 10 seater-size?

Would not know about that but there was ample room on the Captains table for all. Another very memorable evening on QM2 .:D

The Captain's Table in the Britannia Restaurant on QM2 regularly seats 12 + the Captain.

Here... QM2 Britannia Restaurant (15)

Besides 13, I've also seen 11, or 12, seats at the table, on occasions.

I've been on a hosted table on QM2, it was an eight-seater plus the host.

Hope this helps.

The Captain's Table in the Britannia Restaurant on QM2 regularly seats 12 + the Captain.

Hope this helps.

Pepper,

You should be getting paid for your photos. You always seem to have the perfect picture.

Kathi

Chez,

Switch to late seating. We could dine together.:D

How can we guarantee we will be on the same table?

Also eating at 8:30pm???? I am past hungry at that stage. Oh well I suppose it is one way to guarantee I will not put on much weight!:o

chez

Also eating at 8:30pm???? I am past hungry at that stage. Oh well I suppose it is one way to guarantee I will not put on much weight!:o

chez

To Guarantee that you are on the same table you have to get a Table booking reference from Cunard Customer Contact Centre. The other party then will also quote the same reference to Cunard Customer Contact Centre to get the table linked to their booking.

This is from the UK web

How are tables allocated for dining?

Tables for four, six or eight people are allocated by a computerised system and are noted at time of booking. All requests for tables for two are allocated in a strict booking date order by the Restaurant Manager.

Please ensure that if you are travelling with family or friends and wish to dine together your bookings are linked. This can be done at time of booking or at a later date by calling our Customer Contact Centre. All bookings must have the same dining link code to enable the Restaurant Manager to allocate you a table together. Please note, groups larger then eight will be split over two or more tables and the Restaurant Manager will do their best to allocated tables next to each other. If you need to check your bookings have been linked contact our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0000.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/table_allocated

Hope this helps.

All Chefs together :eek:

1300690651_QM2Chefs.jpg.e953863f0c3082371dd50b91f7aceb18.jpg

chez

When I was working I always ate on my way home (I don't cook) so it was early. Now that I am retired I still eat at about 6. But on a cruise I love late seating. If it is a port day you don't have to rush back - you can get back, leisurely take a shower, perhaps a short nap, maybe have a drink before dinner. On a sea day you can have a snack or afternoon tea to tide you over.

Did you book through a travel agent? I think the travel agents might be able to do something. If not, I could talk to the maitre d' when I get on.

When I was working I always ate on my way home (I don't cook) so it was early. Now that I am retired I still eat at about 6. But on a cruise I love late seating. If it is a port day you don't have to rush back - you can get back, leisurely take a shower, perhaps a short nap, maybe have a drink before dinner. On a sea day you can have a snack or afternoon tea to tide you over.

Did you book through a travel agent? I think the travel agents might be able to do something. If not, I could talk to the maitre d' when I get on.

Ok,

you talked me into it.

I have changed my seating to 'Late'

I also booked through a travel agent.

Chez

Ok, I am now showing as late seating on a table of 8.

Thank you everyone.

Chez

Pepper,

You should be getting paid for your photos. You always seem to have the perfect picture.

Kathi

Dear Kathi,

:o :o Thank you so very much for those compliments :o :o . Gosh... I'm at a loss for words (;))... Thank you, thank you :) .

Hi. We have sailed twice on the QE recently - it's a lovely ship. We always ask for tables of 8 and change seats so that you can talk to everyone - it's worked well and we have had some 'great' tables. We also book late sitting - no rushing back from trips and Afternoon Tea is a must and fits in just nicely. Enjoy.

As has been previously said by so many, it's a personal choice. My wife and I always choose the 1st sitting as this falls in line with our main evening meal of the day when we're at home and have always sat at a table for 10. Strangely enough we have never had a member of the management team host the table, but without exception have always had one or more solo guests on our table and they have joined in the conversations and participated with the rest of the group without an issue of them being a solo guest.

Another benefit for a solo guest being seated with a larger number of people is that it gives you more chance of meeting and spending time with some of your fellow diners as you move around the ship.

One tip I would agree with that has been mentioned is to sit at a different place each evening at the table and this allows you to vary both the conversations and your interface with the different diners. Anyway, whatever you choose - enjoy your cruise................

Archived