I'm Back & I'm F-A-T!

WeirdEyes

Hi everyone! We got home from our cruise on Sunday and today is my first day back at work. My PC at home is messed up so I couldn't post until now. I haven't weighed yet...too scared! I will weigh in on Thursday though. I can feel how much weight I gained and I think it is between 5-8 lbs. Gosh, I hope it is not more. Of course, I didn't consume huge amounts of food and I only took the elevator about 3 times and we walked and walked and walked. I guess it was all of those wonderful desserts I ate.

Our cruise was FABULOUS!! We met some great people...some of them Cruise Critics. Hi Jacki! icon_smile.gif

If any of you ever get the chance to sail on the Mariner, go for it. It was a beautiful ship and the staff are great!

icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

It's probably not as much as you think. We all tend to prepare for the worst. Either way, it will come off. You did it before and you can do it again. icon_smile.gif

I AM going on the Mariner, but not until Oct 2005. The way I'm going, it will take that long to slim down. icon_rolleyes.gif

Beth

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas Reali-Tini Cruise Oct. 16/05

Beth, you will LOVE the Mariner! If you can, request your waiter to be Robertas from Lithuania. He was AMAZING!!! He kept us laughing the whole week & his service was also fab. We even got to sit at the Captain's Table! We ate with the Staff Captain, his wife, the Security Officer, and Chief Electrician. We had the best time.

Mariner of the Seas-May, 2004

Carnival Destiny-June, 2002

Welcome back, Shelia. I am glad to hear that you had a good time. Don't worry about the weight gain, it is probably mostly water weight. It will come off fast.

Rose

Sheila, So glad you had a great time. And the weight is definately water and it will "pour" off. Now to plan for your NEXT cruise. icon_biggrin.gif Mary

whale.gif

SUMMIT 4/05

HORIZON 3/04

SUMMIT 9/03

Welcome back Shelia! I agree, it's probably mostly water. You may want to try a water pill, if you want to try to lose it quickly.

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=50%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

CLICK HERE for the ROLL CALL

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

<font size="1">

Well, my rings are loosening now so I'm sure a lot of it is water weight. You know how you get bloated and just feel fat? That's how I felt. I'm still pretty sure that I gained weight though. But like all of you have said, it will come off.

About dining with the Captain...it was actually the Staff Captain (2nd in command). We asked why we were chosen (our whole table of 6) and they said that the head waiters look around the dining room and survey the people and their behavior. They choose people that they think will have a good time and not be intimidated by the Captain. Our table was a riot! We put the Captain's table to shame as far as fun goes. The next night, we were invited. icon_wink.gif Needless to say, our head waiter got a good tip from our table. icon_biggrin.gif

Sheila - WELCOME HOME!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.

Don't worry if you gained any weight, you can get it off again!

Ginny icon_smile.gif

HAL-Amsterdam-Alaska - 08/02

RCCL-Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii - 09/27/03

So glad that you had such a wonderful cruise. I,too, gained weight on our last cruise. We eat more than usual even when we try not to eat too much. As soon as your eating normalizes, you'll lose. At least it's summer and fruits and veggies are enticing!

I would've actually stayed on South Beach more if there was more a selection. I hardly ever saw whole wheat bread. There were sugar-free desserts and I ate them instead of the sugar stuff...well, sometimes. icon_wink.gif I'm not a big veggie eater so I was limited to what veggies I'd eat. I mostly ate salads and broccoli for my veggies. We did eat at Johnny Rockets for lunch one day and I was sick afterwards. Too much fat and sugar. It was soooo good though.

Sheila - welcome back. I agree with the others, it's probably a lot of water weight, especially if your rings feel tight. I think in eating out that chefs put more salt in foods than we would normally. In fact, I try to avoid extra salt as much as possible.

I know you'll get back on track and back where you want to be weight-wise.

Good luck.

Cathy

bandc.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;06;27;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until our **STAR** search

Seattle to Alaska on NCL Star

June 27, 2004

Fantasy 12/25/03

Inspiration 4/13/03

NCL Majesty 12/27/02

Jubilee 3/23/02

Norwegian Sea 11/23/01

Hi Shelia! Sounds like you had a great time!

Just got off the Navigator today! Awesome ship! Loved every minute of it!

I have water retention too. Tried to drink alot of water on board, but not nearly what I drink at home. My fingers are swollen as well as my ankles so I'm pumping the water in as I speak. I'll give you a weight update in a couple of days!

Gotta run and finish unpacking!

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

Lynn, I'm glad you had a fun cruise also! We might try the Navigator. I LOVED Mariner so I'm sure the Navigator is awesome also. Have you done a review on the RCCL board?

So Sheila, have you stepped on yes icon_smile.gif ??

I know last year I did pretty much the same as you--walked stairs, etc, and only gained back 7lbs!(but we were in Mia. for 2 days, and then a back2back!) It came off fast as I got back to my regular routine tho. Now if this year I can keep it off--I'll be totally motivated as we're going at Thanksgiving w/ the kids at least icon_smile.gif

Oh and you'll love the Navigator--thats the ship we were on last year---best service I've ever had!

Celebrity Century

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;10;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Millenium Thanksgiving!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;11;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have to agree about the comment of the Navigator. We had the best service of any ship and the food was the best also! It was so clean and well maintained too.

I got on the scale this morning. I was 4 pounds below my goal weight when we left and now I weigh my goal weight! Not bad! I never passed up anything that I wanted to eat. I even had 2 desserts one night! icon_eek.gif I had so many cookies in the Cafe Promenade that by the last night I didn't even want any more!

We took the stairs almost all the time. We were on the 9th deck mid ship and sometimes went up from deck 1 to 9. We also went to the exercize room 3 times to ride the bikes, but didn't work out on any other machines. We did try to drink alot of water (at $4.95 per liter!) but I'm sure we didn't drink our 64 oz per day.

Back to our WOE now but proud of ourselves for still getting into our cruise clothes!

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

Lynn, congrats on being at your goal weight. icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, I did step on the scales and gained 4.5 lbs! I did lose one pound until this past weekend. My son turned 16 and we had him a huge party. Needless to say, I ate like a pig. I am back on track again today and hope I can stay on track. It is sooo hard returning to the diet. I can't wait to get to goal so I can watch what I eat during the week and then eat what I want on the weekends. That will be my maintenance. icon_smile.gif

Archived