Alaska Railroad - Rail Guide

scoobydrewby

We are taking the train from Seward to Anchorage in July. Does anyone know if the Rail Guide is sold aboard the train? Has anyone used it or can recommend whether or not it is helpful in identifying the sights? Are other maps or booklets provided that are just as helpful? I've heard that this trip is very scenic and want to make the most of it!

I know it is sold in the Anchorage depot but not the Seward Depot. I can order it online, but then I have to lug it through our whole vacation and would rather purchase it after disembarking the ship.

Just got off the train in Denali a couple of hours ago. The train guide is sold on board the Anchorage/Denali leg of the trip for $5. Yesterday's Seward to Anchorage was outstanding, we saw bear and moose and our tour guide, Winnie, was a scream.

It's scorching heat here in Denali at present in the 80s! What a fantastic train ride - so scenic, comfortable and the food is good too.

Mt McKinley has been out all day! Spectacular!

Mumsy.

We are taking the train from Seward to Anchorage in July. Does anyone know if the Rail Guide is sold aboard the train? Has anyone used it or can recommend whether or not it is helpful in identifying the sights? Are other maps or booklets provided that are just as helpful? I've heard that this trip is very scenic and want to make the most of it!

I know it is sold in the Anchorage depot but not the Seward Depot. I can order it online, but then I have to lug it through our whole vacation and would rather purchase it after disembarking the ship.

Where can I order it online?

Go to alaskarailroad dot com and there is a link at the bottom to the gift shop. It's one of the options under books. The book is $5 plus shipping.

Thank you! Oh no! We won't get it in time before we leave! I certainly hope that we can indeed buy it in Seward!

Just got off the train in Denali a couple of hours ago. The train guide is sold on board the Anchorage/Denali leg of the trip for $5. Yesterday's Seward to Anchorage was outstanding, we saw bear and moose and our tour guide, Winnie, was a scream.

It's scorching heat here in Denali at present in the 80s! What a fantastic train ride - so scenic, comfortable and the food is good too.

Mt McKinley has been out all day! Spectacular!

Mumsy.

Hi Mumsy

enjoyed meeting you on harv/marv's in Juneau....and enjoyed our Dr. Who discussions! I just saw Season 3 episode 1 - Donna church episode.

Glad to hear your weather/trip continues to be great!

Blessings

John and Shannon (from NC)

Hi Mumsy

enjoyed meeting you on harv/marv's in Juneau....and enjoyed our Dr. Who discussions! I just saw Season 3 episode 1 - Donna church episode.

Glad to hear your weather/trip continues to be great!

Blessings

John and Shannon (from NC)

Thanks JohnBoy. My pics of the whale watch aren't the best and I didn't get one of all those mouths out of the water at once. I have one of the boat and a couple of good whale tails if you want to swop.

please email me

mumsysailor at gmail dot com

scoobydrewby sorry for hijacking your thread.:o

Mumsy.

Archived