And So I thought I knew it all about early saver

After a bunch of cruises and getting some price drops, I have not had any lately. I see all the threads saying people are having success, so I called CCL as I had put in for one on our Magic cruise, and it was denied because of a different category. What made the category different was that it was on deck 6, instead of 7 where we are booked.We do the premium L shapes and there was one left on deck 6, not 7.. I did not realize all the regular balconies are the same category on deck 7. The nice Carnival lady explained it all to me, thus getting(hopefully), $55 off one cruise and $64 off our upcoming Triumph cruise. I actually called about the Triumph,and she said let me check your Magic cruise as well, which was really good service. So I submitted both forms, and hope I can actually post that I got a price drop !

That's odd about the different decks.

I know there are 8Bs on Deck 6 and 7 on Conquest class ships. So an 8B is an 8B.

I've had price drops on the aft wraps...category 9C. There are only 6 on the ship (2 on three decks) and it didn't matter what deck I was on. Still got the price drop.

I don't get it.

I hope you get the price drops...good luck!

I always book early saver. While a price drop is great, I'm not like the folks here that are checking every day and submitting a form for as little as a $10 difference. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that it's not worth the time and effort for me unless it's something significant. I like to choose the exact cabin I want, and I'm not interested in moving. That said, I did get a great price drop on my upcoming Baltic cruise that saved me a ton of money. In the meantime, my PVP told me I could upgrade to an extended balcony and still save all that money. I took the upgrade because I prefer more room on the balcony. I'm not thrilled with the location of the cabin, but that is the where the extended balconies are on the Legend. With the way the sides of the Spirit class ships jut in and out, I don't like having a somewhat obstructed view, but I know we'll enjoy the extra room on the balcony. I can understand how confusing all the different categories of cabins are. I just book early and try to get the best room and price that I can. I'm satisfied with what I've chosen to pay, but if the price should go down, so much the better.

I'm with you on that. Not sure why they denied it the other time.

That's odd about the different decks.

I know there are 8Bs on Deck 6 and 7 on Conquest class ships. So an 8B is an 8B.

I've had price drops on the aft wraps...category 9C. There are only 6 on the ship (2 on three decks) and it didn't matter what deck I was on. Still got the price drop.

I don't get it.

I hope you get the price drops...good luck!

It seems that Carnival has a new way to play the prices, I am cheap, I know it, but will use this as an example -lets say I book a 5 day cruise and the price is 200-interior (porthole) on the Upper-so a few weeks go by and I want to check to see if there has been a price drop! and there has!, but to make sure I pretend book again, the price is down to 180, ok, choose the porthole, it adds 2.00 a day, and now if I want the Upper, it's 4.00 a day, so I am now over my original booking price-no OBC :(, I have two upcoming cruises, and both of them keep adding 2.00 for each level up from Riviera-now if I want the 200.00 price, I get an interior, no porthole, and stay on Riviera....which is fine with me, but not the DH:(.

Archived