Live on Marina

rim2rimhiker

rim2rimhiker

Next time the meat is over cooked, just send it back and tell them why. No matter what happen you should enjoy what you ordered and have it cooked the way you enjoy it.

Rick

That is fine in theory but not so great in practice. I sent my steak back and by the time it came out everyone was finished and I had lost interest. I was holding up the entire table, and to tell the truth, it still wasn't cooked right.

I gave up on steak after the third or fourth disaster. DH didn't and did have an excellent one towards the end of the cruise. It wasn't just the cooking, I like it on the rare side of med rare. Anything up to medium I will generally eat without complaint. Med well to well is too well for me! But the cut of meat was thin, tough, chewy and generally flavorless. My neighborhood chain does a better job everyday of the week.

But we like Oceania and will sail again. I find the food varies quite a bit from cruise to cruise, ranging from very good to adequate. Sometimes it is consistent within the cruise, other times you get to experience the full range in a single sailing!

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I did find Red Ginger to be a great surprise. The duck and watermelon salad is fabulous combined with the sea bass.

When you go next, please start with the Tiger Prawns (if you are hungry) or the Carpaccio (very light but absolute heaven! ) and then the lobster pad thai as your main......

item0.rendition.slideshowWideHorizontal.oceania-cruise-food-1.jpg6a0120a92e343a970b014e6049bcc8970c-800wi

IMG_0243.jpg

Exquisit!!!

Mo, I am sorry to hear your steaks were not up-to-par.

My DH has had filet in every venue and as a cattle farmer in NE in his younger years he will not eat anything but a great cut of beef.

He has had great beef every time. He orders "medium" and it has always been medium or medium leaning toward medium-rare when served.

I have been enjoying lobster and seafood which are hard to come by at Oceania's level of freshness in the dry midwest;)

a few more server standouts;

We loved Robert in Red Ginger last night. He did a wonderful job with our crazy table of 6. (very quick and professional)

Smile of the week was Gilbert in the Terrace Cafe. We wanted a 2 top and the place was packed. He found us a table near the windows and with the help of another hardworker, he bussed, washed and reset in less than 60 seconds. He was proud to relay the timing to us.

We are sad to leave Marina tomorrow but miss our kids and grand-boys. The only cure for post cruise depression is to book another. (Whoops we already have 2 more waiting:D

When you go next, please start with the Tiger Prawns (if you are hungry) or the Carpaccio (very light but absolute heaven! ) and then the lobster pad thai as your main......

item0.rendition.slideshowWideHorizontal.oceania-cruise-food-1.jpg6a0120a92e343a970b014e6049bcc8970c-800wi

IMG_0243.jpg

Exquisit!!!

STOP!!! You're killing me guys! :D

Can't wait til next June.

IMG_0243.jpg

Exquisit!!!

Yikes! Here you go again!!!! Will definitely have to make a second reservation in Red Ginger! PLEASE, stop with the mouth watering pix! On second thought, forget that comment. Love your work! Why don't you guys cruise with Marianne and me and you can be our culinary guides? Marina, Aug 24 this year.

Archived