Royal Mini suite

shaun07

My husband and I are booked on the Royal going to the Med in Sept. 2013 and we had booked a forward facing cabin on Lido deck. While we were going over our account statement and getting ready to make our final payment for our cruise, my husband noticed in teeny tiny print that because we had a forward facing balcony, we would not have access to it during sailing but only while in port. We had never encountered anything like this before and we phoned Princess to enquire about this policy. The rep said that we should have been informed of this when we booked and that the information was correct - we would only have access to the balcony while in port. We were able to change to a starboard cabin on the same deck and ended up paying less for the cabin. I'm disappointed that Princess did not alert us to this problem with forward facing cabins but we are still excited about our upcoming trip and are looking forward to all that the Royal Princess has to offer. I hope this will alert other passengers who might run into the same problem.

Barb

My husband and I are booked on the Royal going to the Med in Sept. 2013 and we had booked a forward facing cabin on Lido deck. While we were going over our account statement and getting ready to make our final payment for our cruise, my husband noticed in teeny tiny print that because we had a forward facing balcony, we would not have access to it during sailing but only while in port. We had never encountered anything like this before and we phoned Princess to enquire about this policy. The rep said that we should have been informed of this when we booked and that the information was correct - we would only have access to the balcony while in port. We were able to change to a starboard cabin on the same deck and ended up paying less for the cabin. I'm disappointed that Princess did not alert us to this problem with forward facing cabins but we are still excited about our upcoming trip and are looking forward to all that the Royal Princess has to offer. I hope this will alert other passengers who might run into the same problem.

Barb

Thank you for posting and for the warnin!

Do you know what cabin number you were booked in?

Barb

Barb - did you have a corner mini suite (L107/108) that wraps around from the side to part of the front or did you have a fully forward facing cabin?

I would be interested in some pictures as well and knowing if my projections are correct based on intel.

For those who are interested in the beautiful new Royal Princess I want to share some pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107289430901088544193/RoyalPrincessSOUTH2013

When you book a stateroom please remember not to choose any directly under the steel construction, because its rather shadowed or in the area of the skywalk. There you have no sun and no privacy , everybody can straight look into your room.

• 3 months later...

I remember seeing a recent Royal Review that was not very positive except for the description of M107.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=227137

to quote Royal Princess Cruise Review by CK57:

Now, cabinn M107 is special. Only M108 compares. These two cabins are located at the front of the ship on Marina deck and are directly above the bridge. Because of this the decks extend out over the bridge wings and are extremely large. Yes, even while we were at sea we could go out as our doors were located on the side of the ship, and not forward. We have a large picture window facing forward which from our bed had great views. The deck was 40 feet wide and 8 feet deep across the front. The side over the wing went out 23 ft. There is enough room to host a part of 30 people if you wanted. They only give you small table, and two chairs with foot rests which is kind of crazy. For the balcony dinner and breakfast the room service staff brought a larger table and this was nice. We really enjoyed the location and never felt any motion during the cruise, never. I felt more motion in the restaurants from propeller motion than I ever did in the cabin. For you C-Pac users there is extra outlet under the bed but bring a 220 round plug to access it. The only 110 outlets in the bedroom area are behind the TV which is just left of the picture window.

When you walk into the cabin the bathroom is on the left, and just past this it opens up to a sitting area with a Loveseat on left, and desk on the right. At TV is on the wall to the right of the sliding door to the deck. This area has a wall which separates it from the bedroom area. This is more like a suite than a mini suite, except there is only one sink, and the shower tub is a combo. I would not doubt this cabin gets a different category rating than it currently has as it is the best value for the money on the ship by far.

I remember seeing a recent Royal Review that was not very positive except for the description of M107.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=227137

to quote Royal Princess Cruise Review by CK57:

Now, cabinn M107 is special. Only M108 compares. These two cabins are located at the front of the ship on Marina deck and are directly above the bridge. Because of this the decks extend out over the bridge wings and are extremely large. Yes, even while we were at sea we could go out as our doors were located on the side of the ship, and not forward. We have a large picture window facing forward which from our bed had great views. The deck was 40 feet wide and 8 feet deep across the front. The side over the wing went out 23 ft. There is enough room to host a part of 30 people if you wanted. They only give you small table, and two chairs with foot rests which is kind of crazy. For the balcony dinner and breakfast the room service staff brought a larger table and this was nice. We really enjoyed the location and never felt any motion during the cruise, never. I felt more motion in the restaurants from propeller motion than I ever did in the cabin. For you C-Pac users there is extra outlet under the bed but bring a 220 round plug to access it. The only 110 outlets in the bedroom area are behind the TV which is just left of the picture window.

When you walk into the cabin the bathroom is on the left, and just past this it opens up to a sitting area with a Loveseat on left, and desk on the right. At TV is on the wall to the right of the sliding door to the deck. This area has a wall which separates it from the bedroom area. This is more like a suite than a mini suite, except there is only one sink, and the shower tub is a combo. I would not doubt this cabin gets a different category rating than it currently has as it is the best value for the money on the ship by far.

There also is a report on l107/08 that is comparable to m107/08 except that the balcony is smaller. I think these mini-suites are "sweet!"

Archived