Royal Mini suite

shaun07

Its confusing, I am trying to figure out which mini suites have the large forward facing wrap around balconies on the lido and marina decks and if you can use them while sailing

Hi! I was booked in L106 and was so excited until I heard that you can not use your balcony while the ship is moving and that the cabin steward locks the door. So you can only use it while in port!:mad:

So I moved my room as I was not going to pay a premium price for a balcony that I would not use. Not happy about that!

Hi! I was booked in L106 and was so excited until I heard that you can not use your balcony while the ship is moving and that the cabin steward locks the door. So you can only use it while in port!:mad:

So I moved my room as I was not going to pay a premium price for a balcony that I would not use. Not happy about that!

I've booked L108 and Princess told me since that balcony is both side and forward facing, I can use it while at sea.

thats what i have read on here :mad::mad: I hoping to hear from someone who stayed in the room,

8530559850_8c0d365323_c.jpg

some deck plans are different

It appears the Royal's final deck plan is the middle one. From all of the photos of the balconies, it's pretty clear that L107/108 and M107/108 are the larger cabins and balconies.

what concerns me is its the cheapest category of all the mini suites. Which make me suspicious as to why its so cheap when it looks like an amazing balcony

Somebody on another threat went into M108 or 107 and thought it looked really good. Originally, these corner minis were much smaller and then, somehow, Princess changed the configuration a few months ago after already selling them in the lowest category. Who knows why. Even if I can't use the forward part of the balcony while at sea, it's still worth it to me to have a larger mini.

L107 and 108 are different then m 107 and 108 when u do a booking it lists the sizes

Ok - I understand now. The Marina balconies are huge the Lido's not so much. I suspect both Lido and Marina corner minis are around 350 or so square feet. Nothing to point to but judging on the photos of the sliding glass doors and the windows in those cabins, they just appear somewhat bigger. I mean to have both a window and sliding glass door - it has to be bigger, right? :)

Ok - I understand now. The Marina balconies are huge the Lido's not so much. I suspect both Lido and Marina corner minis are around 350 or so square feet. Nothing to point to but judging on the photos of the sliding glass doors and the windows in those cabins, they just appear somewhat bigger. I mean to have both a window and sliding glass door - it has to be bigger, right? :)

That's my thinking. Hopefully some pics and info will show up soon.

Does anyone know if you can access the mini suite MF balcony during sailing ?

Does anyone have any pics of an MF ?:D

Any insights are appreciated.

Thank you CC peeps

A OP but up a video of the Royal Mini suite. I do not have the link handy at the moment, sorry. :( If you do a search you will find it.

Hugh

The description I read of these 4 corner minis (from the person who posted about seeing one in person) sounds like the inside cabin is almost an L shape...you walk in, the bathroom is right there, then the sitting area with the sliding door (which would face the side of the ship I believe), and then around the corner is the bed area where the smaller window is. I (just my though, lol) think because the sliding door is on the side, it will remain open while at sea.

Here is a short walk through the Royal Mini Suite R 520.

Comments are highly welcomened.:D

I think it was VERY well done! :) It shows every aspect of the room. I actually sent a link to this to my friend yesterday. We have one of the corner minis on the Lido deck booked for next year, but this was great to show how a "normal" mini on the Royal will look. Thanks!

Thanks. If you have any video, etc. of any of the four front corner minis (M107/08, L107/08) or any info at all about their configuration - that would be great! I'm also wondering if those room have that separation curtain the other minis have?

Thanks very much for sharing this excellent video!

I have a question about the bathroom amenities. So it looks like instead of the individual Lotus Spa mini-bottles Princess used to provide in the rooms they are now providing:

- shower gel dispenser

- shampoo dispenser BUT no separate conditioner

- bars of soap

- small tubes of lotion (the white tube on the counter in the video)

Can anyone please confirm if this is correct? Also, wondering if the hair-dryer in the desk area is any more powerful than on Grand class ships...or it's a pretty weak air flow?

Thanks!

The size for a M6 given to me by Pricness is supposed to be 19 ft. 10" deep and 12 ft. 6" wide, with a deck 4 ft. deep and 12-6" wide as well. That would calculate to 248 sq. ft. of cabin and 50 sq ft. of deck. These fit the dimensional layout of the M6 cabins M105/106 and M105/106 pretty well. When you check the Princess info you will see they have listed Total size of 301 sq. ft. including 52 sq. ft. of balcony. So these dimensions match up really close. But are they correct? If you look closely at the aerial photos you can see that the balconies on both Lido and Marina for cabins M6 category numbered 105 and 106 are almost as deep as they are wide. I venture to say closer to 144 sq. ft. for these cabins, but nothing near those of the MF cabins. And that the Marina decks are slightly larger than the Lido deck for the 105/106 cabins. But you asked about the MF cabins. The corner cabins are irregular shapped and when you overlay the drawings top views you can see the MF cabins are indeed larger in size, irregular in shape, and have a category MF. The latest info that Princess lists for the M107 is a total cabin size of 483 sq ft. of which the balcony is 144 sq. ft. That would mean the cabin was 339 sq. ft. or 91 sq. ft. larger than the M6 cabins, which works out dimensionally, but hard to figure out the pricing justification other than room shape irregularity. But the deck is another story and would need someone to tape it properly calculate, but I am guessing more like 337 sq. ft. plus in size. Princess also says the L107 total size is 676 sq. ft, with only 76 sq. ft. of balcony. If you back calculate the 76 sq. ft. with 12.5 width you would get average balcony depth of 6 ft. for the L107/108 on Lido, which has the smaller deck than the Marina. I have a hard time getting to the 600 sq. ft. of cabin space though. the L107/108 cabins may be slightly larger than the M107/108 but the decks are not. The M107/108 cabins have a glass door on side of ship to the deck and front facing window that is angled. Previous posts indicate the bed is under or near that window. That would leave the bath and then sitting area when you walk into the cabin. Not sure where the second TV is going to go with the sliding door. I would be interested in some pictures as well and knowing if my projections are correct based on intel. There were/are alot of folks switching between these four cabins and until it's all clarified with pictures just a game guessing.

1658587889_SideViewM107.jpg.ee391e1f87c48ee7f5917a320c7b3876.jpg

The size for a M6 given to me by Pricness is supposed to be 19 ft. 10" deep and 12 ft. 6" wide, with a deck 4 ft. deep and 12-6" wide as well. That would calculate to 248 sq. ft. of cabin and 50 sq ft. of deck. These fit the dimensional layout of the M6 cabins M105/106 and M105/106 pretty well. When you check the Princess info you will see they have listed Total size of 301 sq. ft. including 52 sq. ft. of balcony. So these dimensions match up really close. But are they correct? If you look closely at the aerial photos you can see that the balconies on both Lido and Marina for cabins M6 category numbered 105 and 106 are almost as deep as they are wide. I venture to say closer to 144 sq. ft. for these cabins, but nothing near those of the MF cabins. And that the Marina decks are slightly larger than the Lido deck for the 105/106 cabins. But you asked about the MF cabins. The corner cabins are irregular shapped and when you overlay the drawings top views you can see the MF cabins are indeed larger in size, irregular in shape, and have a category MF. The latest info that Princess lists for the M107 is a total cabin size of 483 sq ft. of which the balcony is 144 sq. ft. That would mean the cabin was 339 sq. ft. or 91 sq. ft. larger than the M6 cabins, which works out dimensionally, but hard to figure out the pricing justification other than room shape irregularity. But the deck is another story and would need someone to tape it properly calculate, but I am guessing more like 337 sq. ft. plus in size. Princess also says the L107 total size is 676 sq. ft, with only 76 sq. ft. of balcony. If you back calculate the 76 sq. ft. with 12.5 width you would get average balcony depth of 6 ft. for the L107/108 on Lido, which has the smaller deck than the Marina. I have a hard time getting to the 600 sq. ft. of cabin space though. the L107/108 cabins may be slightly larger than the M107/108 but the decks are not. The M107/108 cabins have a glass door on side of ship to the deck and front facing window that is angled. Previous posts indicate the bed is under or near that window. That would leave the bath and then sitting area when you walk into the cabin. Not sure where the second TV is going to go with the sliding door. I would be interested in some pictures as well and knowing if my projections are correct based on intel. There were/are alot of folks switching between these four cabins and until it's all clarified with pictures just a game guessing.

Good analysis based on what we do know. I, too, can't believe the Lido corner minis are 600sq. feet. I tend to think, as you do, that they may be slightly bigger than their Marina counterparts. I, too, wonder about that 2nd tv. Maybe there is a divider between the sitting area and the bed. I hope there is a privacy curtain, similar to the standard minis. Princess may, at some point, reclassify these cabins to reflect their increased size. Until we see a video or photo - it's a mystery!!!

Archived